UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Electricity board proximity in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

robbieraven

Hi all,

Quoted on an interesting job the other day, it is an extension that is becoming ensuite wet room. 3.5m x 1m, long narrow room, going to be tiled floor to wall throughout, shower at one end and.... get this, electricity board and gas meter at the other end. Now apparently the meter board etc will all be boxed in a cupboard and I guess given the length of the room it's some distance from the shower, are there any rules on this?

Cheers Rob

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
One of the issues of course is can you take the shower head off and spray the electrics with water.... Building regs are extremely strict on this but there are still some daft things that go on. I guess in reality it is no different to having the unit in a kitchen which is common and perfectly acceptable. I guess the over riding consideration is safety. As a tiler kilty it is nowt to do with you as long as you don't do any work on it yourself.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
The fusebox and meters were already there as I think it was some sort or larder room in the past. It's a tough one as in fairness the actual meters are as far as they could be from the wet area and well up, I guess I can just flag my concerns with the customer and leave it up to them?

there may be a second issue though if they are installing water systems this may well be notifiable as well. I agree though all you can do is flag your concerns and provided you don't touch them and of course they are all still alive today you then that's fine...

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Electricity board proximity in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
D
Hi all, (I have tried looking but could not find this subject covered in another thread, if I...
Replies
Views
JamesHardie
J
Good evening all, This is possibly a simple question and I'm hoping that it is a simple 'ish...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
J
Hi folks - first post here but a long time reader, so hello! :smile5: Now onto my question -...
Replies
Views
I

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.