Discuss 'Evening All' (That gave my age away ) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Found this forum while searching for a new tile cutter, and was impressed by the help and friendliness shown by everyone. As I gave away in the title I was born in the middle of the last century, had a disappointing education (as far as the teachers where concerned :lol:) school report read things like 'sets an exceedingly low standard and fails to achieve it, and got expelled from an approved school.
Thought I might like to see the world, so signed up as a boy soldier on my 15th birthday and spent the next 2 years being trained as a mechanic (some say maniac) then spent the next nine years (yes I had to sign up for 9 years in exchange for my training) fixing all sorts of everything in all sorts of places. When I left I started my own vehicle repair and recovery workshop and spent the next 25 years tinkering with motor cars. When the lease finally expired I decided on a change of career, I had always carried out all the repairs and mods to our house so extended this to include some of my old customers from the garage days and it has grown over the past 7 years. I do cover multi trades (please forgive me :yikes:) bathroom and kitchen installs included, so tiling is something I started doing early on, but you can always learn and refine what you are doing. I learn a great deal from the internet, like most mechanics I'm good with my hands, and always ask and take advice when needed.
Looking forward to learning a bit more :detective:.

Thanks
El-Jay

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 'Evening All' (That gave my age away ) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views
M
I'm a busy tiler in West Yorkshire. Thought it about time I signed up. Very useful site for...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
O
It feels like there is a constant asking about the suitability of cement board in wet areas...
Replies
Views
RichBD
R

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB