Discuss Ever damaged anything at work? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

image.jpeg for years I've been alright and not damaged anything, then the other day, I was sweeping up on a Friday and literally just touched the brush on the kitchen door and did this, cost me £95 to buy a new larder door, gutted!
It came off far too easily but that's life.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
O

On one

View attachment 83459 for years I've been alright and not damaged anything, then the other day, I was sweeping up on a Friday and literally just touched the brush on the kitchen door and did this, cost me £95 to buy a new larder door, gutted!
Something very similar today.......I was down on all fours today looking to see if a recently fitted basin vanity unit could be easily removed prior to me tiling a bathroom floor or if I had to cut around it.
Spotted a big chunk gouged out of one of the doors when I was down there.....not taking the rap for that one!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
View attachment 83459 for years I've been alright and not damaged anything, then the other day, I was sweeping up on a Friday and literally just touched the brush on the kitchen door and did this, cost me £95 to buy a new larder door, gutted!
Does this include pride? Haha

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

were do you start with this :) well took a shower valve off the wall sliped tray gone a stone one .
took bathroom door off to trim down talking to the client took 30 mm off the top not the bottom:confused:
went to site said i was the tiler tiled a public toilet there then the boss rang why have you not been to site
i have been its finnished ?well i should have been on the other side of the road wrong site .:eek:
cutting ply to size i put it on the clients garden table lovely cut only problem when i lifted the ply
the table fell in half .help to lift grannit work top snaps in half goes straight through new oven glass door
tiling bathroom went to talk to chippie walk in to room floor board comes up foot goes down takes out a complete Victorian ceiling plus lighting rose and my nuts :oops: well went to site went to basement to look at bathroom stepped over uncovered drain 6 ft deep to look at water leaking from open stack pipe .at that moment some one had a dump on the top floor flushed the toilet it came out of that pipe like a ffin torepeadeo hit me
spot on knocked me back straight down the 6 ft deep man hole .covered in you know what.
the kitchen extractor looked a little out of level gave it a little twist came off the wall glass hob gone .
thinking about this you are one lucky man

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

Jesus's Ray.....I thought I was unlucky.
Lol
well most of that you take in your stride but the one that tops them all got up in the morning went down to the
van flat tire went to garage bought some tire repair went to work needed some ply went to wicks picked up some
ply revered into low post f got back to job jig saw blows up get in van to go to yard to get anther jig saw half way
there steam in coming out every were engine mounting snapped gone through heating pipes go to breaker
to get new mounting the van i need is on the top but lift lorry on the way .well you guested it the lorry breaks
down on the way .ever wished you never got out of bed

S

Spare Tool

Hahaha Rays post gave me a chuckle...reminded me when I scratched a stainless steel end on a worktop pulling out a range cooker, customer made me replace it, so when it was time to lift cooker back in I rang him and got him out of work to come and help...so I'm lifting and pushing the back edge of the cooker and he opens a door to lift n push, shattered all over his arm..my fault he says, erm yes, I'll leave you with that then...goodbye :)

W

WetSaw

I was working late on my own to get a bathroom finished before the client came over. About 10.30 at night, on my own, just running my metal straight edge over some render and managed to short it out on the light switch that I had dangling out of it's box. I woke up in the corner beside the toilet in pitch black. Stumbled to the fuse board turned the electric back on and decided to call it a day. The next morning I saw that the straight edge must have flown out of my hands and chipped a lump out of the €500 shower tray. Luckily I managed to fill it but take a bit more care around electrickery now!

S

Spare Tool

It was awesome. He matched the colour, filled it, cured with UV then sanded it and polished it.
Completely invisible. The customer watched and was very happy. I was happiest though :)
Who do you use Imp? I dropped a trowel on this tray other week, corner of it went straight through dust sheet and chipped it V__7BBD.JPG
That was the plumbers effort at sticking chip back in with superglue :(
Told customer and tbh he was totally cool about it and just said oh well accidents happen.
I would like to get it repaired for him though if you could let me know who you use @impish..

O

One Day

Who do you use Imp? I dropped a trowel on this tray other week, corner of it went straight through dust sheet and chipped it View attachment 83548
That was the plumbers effort at sticking chip back in with superglue :(
Told customer and tbh he was totally cool about it and just said oh well accidents happen.
I would like to get it repaired for him though if you could let me know who you use @impish..
Texting you now Andy... Remember that shower tray at the site at earsby? That must be 8years ago?!

Reply to Ever damaged anything at work? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are in the process of having a new kitchen fitted and as part of the job we included...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB