Discuss Ever payed extra to make sure the job was right? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Just a small post. Have a customer who insists that my labour only price should include making sure the floor is sound for tiling.
Its not a huge problem and because of a decent price to fit the bathroom as well as tile, I didn't push it that much.
But do any of you guys ever have customers who think that a labour only price should include materials outside adhesive and grout?

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I take it from your opening post, you have told them that you won't tile directly onto the chipboard. And then they are saying that the adhesive is suitable for direct to floor. So they think you should be supplying a thing else needed!

I always price to supply adhesive and any necessary work to get the floor ready for tiling.

Likewise, a mechanic wouldn't quote to do an oil change on your car and only charge for the labour, he'd charge you for the oil as well!!!

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
My labour only price is for 'labour'. Apart from last week I threw in a tube of white silicone (as a deal breaker). Also, I might throw in some primer if needed.

I'm guessing that in your case if you had quoted for 6mm marmox and charged him for 6mm marmox then everyone would be happy.

Saying that, I do believe that Geoff is right in thinking that this could be the first sign of 'one of those customers from hell'!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Ever payed extra to make sure the job was right? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
Posted a couple of times for advice a few weeks back, the outcome of which was to scrap my plan...
Replies
Views
This kitchen is not level as can be seen in the attached picture. From floorboard to kitchen...
Replies
Views
Sid2323
S
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views
We hired someone to do a small outside patio using porcelain tiles. They finished the job whilst...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB