Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Ever seen a ghost? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Poole
Not seen one, but get the feeling sometimes that someone / thing is watching / in the room. dont think I am paranoid :yikes:

My wife does a lot of spiritualist stuff including table tipping where they "speak with those departed" and is a strong believer. As she cant lie, I have to believe its true, but nothing happened when I tried - must be too cynical.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Table tipping is more to do with many people touching the table and subconscious movements move the table eventually. Works in about half of people, and works better if they are expecting something to happen.

It's probably why your wife doesn't lie about moving it, she probably doesn't know she is.

Derren Brown takes this one step further and had several tables all spinning around a room , there was about 5people on a table and when asked they all said they didn't spin or move it, though he explained afterwards to them that they actually did and they sort of came around as a group admitting they did feel a nudge so nudged it a bit themselves sort of thing.

Though the feeling people are watching you thing is actually Big Brother installing cams in homes as the show isn't in the BB house next year. :D

M

mikethetile

I never believed a word of it till I acompanied an ex girlfriend to see a medium

she was into all that and I just sat with a told you so smirk on my face highly amused by the whole thing

the medium turned to me and said you dont believe do you and I said no its all nonsense

thats a shame he said as ive got your grandmother here

I sat there gobsmacked as he told me addreses of where my family lived, all sorts of things about my childhood , he then went on to tell me I would crash my van and so on

the oddest bit was my grandmother telling me that the all the women in my life were no good for me and the only one that could handle me was the dragon lady, I thought blimey , im staying away from any women that looked like dragons

when I met chelle and went back to hers there was a collection of ceramic chinese dragons in her house, we are still together and she does sort me out, I dont get away with anything

everything he said has come true

spooky

D

diamondtiling

Dont believe in any of it, its all a load of tosh. Tarot cards and mediums and palm readers? It always preys on the vulnerable and the people that want to hear about past relatives. People say "I saw a ghost and it was dressed in this that or the other, it had long hair etc etc, it was my Nan I think" So these ghosts have clothes and hair that obey Newtons fourth law regarding gravity, they walk through walls and doors etc yet can stand on a floor so they can defeat gravity. Come on pull the other one.

:prrr:

:prrr::prrr:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
That medium just had a few hits with you mate that's all. You can be quite generic and still make the person your telling believe what you're saying is very applicable to only them. And the opening statement which made you listen more "you don't believe do you" was clearly the first hit and got you to listen more. And that's the most easiest hit you could get with somebody who's smirking at what they're saying - clearly they're not a believer so to speak.

Don't get taken in by it mate. ;)

Things come in three's they say. But how many three's come in three's? If you wait long enough, everything comes in lots of three's.

F

fipple

All i can say is"...ive heard doors close and open where there wasnt a door/...my friend and me looked at eachother exactly at the same time ...he shhhh,d me due to the fact that his son was close buy....i was ready to go,...wt.%%%&&&..i think he,d heard it before in his house...ive heard an old man cough in my inlaws house...and when ive been alone...i was waiting for my partner to come back from autoglass,she use to work evenings...it was around 10.15pm...and i 100% heard my front door open then close...then nothing!...it went deadly still...i became alerted and frightened at the same time...i thought dawn was playing a prank..having opened the door and guessed she was standing in the hallway...i got up from the computer and walked through the kitchen,..no-one was there...it was one of the freekiest feelings ive ever had...so i sat down and tried to work it out....re-ran it throguh my head and just knew id heard it as i know i did to this day....anyways...dawn came home around 10mins later after this happened...told her,and she said she,d had similar experience before...thinking id called her and doors opening thinking i was home and i wasnt...i have no clue as to what any of that was,..but can totally tell you that it happened and not just to me..

F

fipple

i know what u mean,but explain the door handle me and a friend heard exactly at the same time...and when his son left the room we both described what we heard...im not suggesting anything other worldly...i believe maybe things get recorded in time and played back somehow...obviously reality can be altered...perceptions etc....but i heard the door open and close...and i was 1 of 2 people that heard the old man cough...only time alone was the door opening

F

fipple

p.s im not trying to convince you of anything diamond...just saying how it is...what happened to me...im guessing though that u like things totally explained before you will except them...which is a good way to be i suppose...i could tell u that i believe that when your dead your dead...but what would that matter!...all im concerned about at this moment in time is where im going to buy a 10ftx10ft shed:lol::thumbsup:

D

diamondtiling

p.s im not trying to convince you of anything diamond...just saying how it is...what happened to me...im guessing though that u like things totally explained before you will except them...which is a good way to be i suppose...i could tell u that i believe that when your dead your dead...but what would that matter!...all im concerned about at this moment in time is where im going to buy a 10ftx10ft shed:lol::thumbsup:

Read anything by Richard Dawkins, the guys a genius, the God delusion is superb writing.
Whats your name fipple? Please dont say Fipple Smith.

:oops:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
A lot of it is human comfort when it comes down to relatives and whatnot. It's nice to believe that part of them didn't pass away and is still with you. The reality is, they fully passed away and the mind, nor 'spirit' (still the mind IMO) exists after life.

Life is just that, and when there isn't life, I believe there isn't anything but worm feed.

Reply to Ever seen a ghost? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Staffordshire, UK
Website
https://www.tilersforums.co.uk
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Ekthetikos / untold.media

Thread Information

Title
Ever seen a ghost?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.