Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Ever seen a ghost? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aston

Sorry Ed I could never ever go down that road mate, its an easy way of accepting things but not for me. There are over 10,000 man made Gods in this world, all the inventions of people with power

''thats the great thing about having a faith in 'something'?......it helps overcome the things that seem unbelievable to some and impossible to others :thumbsup:

but each to their own, what ever works for you, thats what i say..

D

diamondtiling

I believe that poltergeists have one rational explanation. Some of them, at least, can be caused by a child in the home, who has either unrealized or not yet controlled telekinetic abilities. Telekinesis is reachable by the subconscious mind, and so if a child has the ability and is angry, there is the possibility that the child can express anger subconsciously by moving objects with telekinesis, without consciously realizing it.

Just pasted that from a web page. As I said before the brain is an untapped area that may be able to do things that we are far far away from understanding.

I have left a wet plate on the worktop in the kitchen and it slid off moments later "all by itself" actually it rode off on a film of water. No ghosts.

U

united

I believe that poltergeists have one rational explanation. Some of them, at least, can be caused by a child in the home, who has either unrealized or not yet controlled telekinetic abilities. Telekinesis is reachable by the subconscious mind, and so if a child has the ability and is angry, there is the possibility that the child can express anger subconsciously by moving objects with telekinesis, without consciously realizing it.

Just pasted that from a web page. As I said before the brain is an untapped area that may be able to do things that we are far far away from understanding.

I have left a wet plate on the worktop in the kitchen and it slid off moments later "all by itself" actually it rode off on a film of water. No ghosts.

Interesting :thumbsup:

I do agree with you that its all in the mind

W

White Room

Working on a house nearly thirty years in Bishop Storford, it was'nt that old a house but the stair way was in the centre of the large hallway with the landing running across the top of the stairs.

Coming down the stairs and for some reason turned and looked at one end of the landing and a lady wearing 18 century dress floating across the landing, I was out of there like an exocet missile but did'nt tell the guys I was with.

Shaking like a leaf:yikes:

D

DHTiling

Quite simply Dave, it cant.

No "force" could boil water, its a kettle and someone found it to be full of boiling with the lead out, so the lead was removed after it had boiled.

:thumbsup:

Nope.. we were all watching telly and it boiled.... 5 of us.. so plenty witnesses..

Another time.. boxing day..

We had a plastic holly branch thingy.. it was about 2.5 ft long and was tucked in behind a large brass framed mirror.. so about a ft of the stalk was behind the mirror..

All of us..7 of us were in the room and then all of a sudden the cat growled and then the holly shot around 14 ft across the room...

So not just one person with an imagination.. i agree some people will think ye right and i was one of those till we lived in this particular house..

Loads and loads of things went on in that house till we moved..

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

A bit to heavy for me all this, If your faith gives you comfort. Thats fine but a lot of people make lots of money preying on the vunerable. I used to do a party trick involving playing cards, I would say to the person having the bogus reading, things like. " you have had troubles lately, you are not feeling appreciated, you have lost someone close in the last few years", does the letter J mean anything John, Jack, Joe, Jean, Jannis Joan etc. Mind games imo until someone gives me 100% proof I remain a sceptic:thumbsup: each to their own, may your god go with you.

D

diamondtiling

Working on a house nearly thirty years in Bishop Storford, it was'nt that old a house but the stair way was in the centre of the large hallway with the landing running across the top of the stairs.

Coming down the stairs and for some reason turned and looked at one end of the landing and a lady wearing 18 century dress floating across the landing, I was out of there like an exocet missile but did'nt tell the guys I was with.

Shaking like a leaf:yikes:

So if she was floating then she was not obeying gravity, but her clothes were? Why were they not floating away from her, its makes no sense at all.
And ghosts can make noises yet have no voicebox or functioning brain or blood or skin yet the clothes manage to stay put on an image with no skeleton. They should be forever falling through solid floors if they can walk through a door so does that mean that make decisions to float on this floor but fall through that one?, if so they must have a brain and that would be solid meaning that it would cause a bump as they walked through a door.

Its all Nonsense

:smilewinkgrin:

Reply to Ever seen a ghost? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Staffordshire, UK
Website
https://www.tilersforums.co.uk
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Ekthetikos / untold.media

Thread Information

Title
Ever seen a ghost?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.