Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Ever seen a ghost? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pebbs

A few months ago I went to cost up a job in Throgmorton Ave, just round the corner from the bank of England. I met the surveyor there and it was like walking back in time. It was down 3 flights of stairs and then it opened up into a massive bar, which had been empty for years. Not only did it smell terrible..damp damp and more damp, it just looked like someone had shut up shop one day and never gone back. There was a long corridor leading to the back of the building, which in actual fact was about half a mile. So there we were with torches going down this corridor, when there was a wisp of white that just was floating at the end. That was it....I legged it so fast out that building with the surveyor racing after me. We got outside, and he looked in a worse state than me. Needless to say we never quoted for the job.

D

diamondtiling

A few months ago I went to cost up a job in Throgmorton Ave, just round the corner from the bank of England. I met the surveyor there and it was like walking back in time. It was down 3 flights of stairs and then it opened up into a massive bar, which had been empty for years. Not only did it smell terrible..damp damp and more damp, it just looked like someone had shut up shop one day and never gone back. There was a long corridor leading to the back of the building, which in actual fact was about half a mile. So there we were with torches going down this corridor, when there was a wisp of white that just was floating at the end. That was it....I legged it so fast out that building with the surveyor racing after me. We got outside, and he looked in a worse state than me. Needless to say we never quoted for the job.

So your walking down a dark corridor carrying torches and you see a wisp of white floating at the end of it? The beam of your torch springs to mind.
Done lots of work in that very same area, never saw a thing out of the ordinary.

:smilewinkgrin:

D

david campbell

never seen a ghost but when my i stayed at my granparents when i was a wee boy she used to make me close the curtains in the back room because that was were the sun rose,the first time i stayed with my grandad after she died i left the curtains open as i prefer and when i woke up they were closed and my grandad to this day says it wasn't him!

also when we got the oldest rabbit put to sleep a few wks ago the knife we used to cut his veg every night for 5 years has since disappeared we used it about an hour before we took him to the vet and now the knife block is missing a knife

F

fipple

diamondtiler...im gonna call you pinky":thumbsup:..from pinky and the brain...you seem obsessed with the brain..explaining everything...whilst your!brain trys to rationalise itself...do except that some people including myself have witnesses real events...as i say...i have no interest in peddling theorys...just the fact that ive heard on many occassions things that shouldnt have happened by laws of nature..

M

mikethetile

this is an interesting thread, thers a lot we understand but theres a lot more we dont

Doms right , the brain is a powerfull bit of kit and we only use part of it, if the brain is capable of telekenisis then its capable of a lot of other things too

another thing we dont fully understand is time, we understand the measuring of time and that it moves forward but thats it, there could be another dimension to time we dont understand and our brains may be able to tune into this and pick up on past and future events

theres a whole lot we dont understand and cant explain and thats good enough for me, i neither deny or believe i just accept it as part of lifes rich tapestry

D

diamondtiling

diamondtiler...im gonna call you pinky":thumbsup:..from pinky and the brain...you seem obsessed with the brain..explaining everything...whilst your!brain trys to rationalise itself...do except that some people including myself have witnesses real events...as i say...i have no interest in peddling theorys...just the fact that ive heard on many occassions things that shouldnt have happened by laws of nature..

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:prrr:

Reply to Ever seen a ghost? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Staffordshire, UK
Website
https://www.tilersforums.co.uk
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Ekthetikos / untold.media

Thread Information

Title
Ever seen a ghost?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.