Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Ever seen a ghost? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
i remeber years ago watching athur c clarkes world of mystery, he said that the average human sees at least 5 things in there life time that they cant explain.

i once woke up in the middle of the night with someone leaning over me when i reached out to touch them they disapeared :yikes::yikes:

mind you it might of had somethink to do with the 7 pints of stella i had that evening :lol:

im with diamond on this one all a load of tosh if you ask me and the worst ones are the so say mediums like psychic sally and darek akhora (not spelt right but you know who i mean) what they do is joke. oh and that most haunted program :ban:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
i remeber years ago watching athur c clarkes world of mystery, he said that the average human sees at least 5 things in there life time that they cant explain.

i once woke up in the middle of the night with someone leaning over me when i reached out to touch them they disapeared :yikes::yikes:

mind you it might of had somethink to do with the 7 pints of stella i had that evening :lol:

im with diamond on this one all a load of tosh if you ask me and the worst ones are the so say mediums like psychic sally and darek akhora (not spelt right but you know who i mean) what they do is joke. oh and that most haunted program :ban:
I'd have said that was the stella too, if not, perhaps you woke at a weird stage of sleeping. I've read that if you drive when drowsy you can hallucinate, so perhaps the same can happen as you're waking?

I dunno, but that's easy to give other possibilities to than some of the other stuff I've read in this thread. Some very strange goings-on.

W

White Room

Oh yeah, I've had that. loosing a trowel I had in my hand 2 minutes ago. Look for 20 minutes and it comes back from la-la land and is exactly where I left it again. Very strange.

And pencils! Don't ask me about pencils! - They come and go from another dimension. I used to loose a good 3 a day. Then find them all in the van/toolbox/washboy/whatever - that's spooky!

And the rest, I buy 50 in a giant pack and there disapearing quickly:yikes:

S

Spud

I worked for a builder once whose business was under intense pressure and used to wake up at night claiming he could see a ghostly figures at the end of his bed,he used to wake his wife up who used to settle him down and get him back to sleep, they would talk about it in the morning him claiming their house was haunted,she and their adult son explaining there was absolutely nothing there , he eventually went to see a pyschiatrist who explained that he was suffering a form of psychosis due to the stress he was under ,at the time he actually truely believed that these apparitions where real but he was halluncinating ,I am very sceptical of these types of things, the likes of paul mckenna and harry houdini exposed many mediums as con artists using victorian parlour tricks ,I agree there are many things such as poltergeists that cant be easily explained away so I retain an open albeit sceptical mind

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
My background is science and it is true that energy cannot be destroyed, only converted.
When we die our energy is passed onto bacteria, fungi and creepy crawlies as they decompose our body. If we are cremated our energy is converted to heat as the body helps fuel the furnace.
Lovely notion, the afterlife - reason why so many otherwise rational people are eager to embrace it I suppose.

W

White Room

I worked for a builder once whose business was under intense pressure and used to wake up at night claiming he could see a ghostly figures at the end of his bed,he used to wake his wife up who used to settle him down and get him back to sleep, they would talk about it in the morning him claiming their house was haunted,she and their adult son explaining there was absolutely nothing there , he eventually went to see a pyschiatrist who explained that he was suffering a form of psychosis due to the stress he was under ,at the time he actually truely believed that these apparitions where real but he was halluncinating ,I am very sceptical of these types of things, the likes of paul mckenna and harry houdini exposed many mediums as con artists using victorian parlour tricks ,I agree there are many things such as poltergeists that cant be easily explained away so I retain an open albeit sceptical mind

Went through the same when I was going through a divorce and bankcrupcy, I've never known stress like it

Reply to Ever seen a ghost? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Staffordshire, UK
Website
https://www.tilersforums.co.uk
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Ekthetikos / untold.media

Thread Information

Title
Ever seen a ghost?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.