Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Ever seen a ghost? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

My background is science and it is true that energy cannot be destroyed, only converted.
When we die our energy is passed onto bacteria, fungi and creepy crawlies as they decompose our body. If we are cremated our energy is converted to heat as the body helps fuel the furnace.
Lovely notion, the afterlife - reason why so many otherwise rational people are eager to embrace it I suppose.

No, you are talking about the energy of matter, I am talking about the energy of the voids we don't perceive, where the life force resides... the energy WE cannot as yet create, a body does not mean life, a dead body does not mean death, only of the body itself. If you come from a scientific background you may have heard of the experiments of split particles being shot off in different directions, and when one got shot at again so that it changed the direction of its rotation, the other particle, not being shot at, changed direction also at the exact same moment in time? Quantum physics and mechanics are full of experiments that some explain by spiritual means and some dismiss as hocus pocus, and that is exactly the point, some is trickery and some is real, and how much fun to find out what's what... even if we never get there completely..:smilewinkgrin:

D

diamondtiling

No, you are talking about the energy of matter, I am talking about the energy of the voids we don't perceive, where the life force resides... the energy WE cannot as yet create, a body does not mean life, a dead body does not mean death, only of the body itself. If you come from a scientific background you may have heard of the experiments of split particles being shot off in different directions, and when one got shot at again so that it changed the direction of its rotation, the other particle, not being shot at, changed direction also at the exact same moment in time? Quantum physics and mechanics are full of experiments that some explain by spiritual means and some dismiss as hocus pocus, and that is exactly the point, some is trickery and some is real, and how much fun to find out what's what... even if we never get there completely..:smilewinkgrin:

Gisela I could talk about that all night, at least it has a depth to it that can be debated and broken down. I would always err on the side of a scientific analysis though, I could never get into a conversation where a spiritualist was trying to convert me

I just wroyte arl that affter seveeen cans off sttelllla artus and oi never evenn ever diid a spell mistace.

Hic....:8:

U

user123

Gisela I could talk about that all night, at least it has a depth to it that can be debated and broken down. I would always err on the side of a scientific analysis though, I could never get into a conversation where a spiritualist was trying to convert me

I just wroyte arl that affter seveeen cans off sttelllla artus and oi never evenn ever diid a spell mistace.

Hic....:8:

All I had was some jelly beans, and I'm suffering from the sugar rush!!! :lol: How do you guys do this?!?!? Talk all night, eh? Wow, that's been a while...

Last edited by a moderator:
F

fipple

energy doesnt die?...ok! ripples dissipate/desperse...its our understanding that cant grasp nothingness....there really is nothing ,,,we call it a "void",,yet that still implys its something...think about it!,,its practically impossible to describe nothing...because we are....i think therefore i am..i gotta go to work now and i had a migraine last nite...so i bid you all farewell and c u l8trs:thumbsup:...oh and my boss has already sent me an email saying ive used the mobile too much!...i shall blame it on an unknown energy force...:lol:

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
No, you are talking about the energy of matter, I am talking about the energy of the voids we don't perceive, where the life force resides... the energy WE cannot as yet create,

Ghostly figures moving about, going bump in the night and boiling kettles. All these things have allegedly been perceived.

1) Any physical interaction with the physical world requires energy
2) Ghosts interact with the physical world
3) Therefore ghosts use energy

However:

1) "Souls" are composed of energy
2) Ghosts are disembodied souls
3) Without the body, the soul can have no source of energy
4) Ghosts use energy
5) Therefore, ghosts do not exist

M

mikebidd

Can any one prove for a FACT that ghosts do or do not exist? NO

If you can prove thy dont exist or prove for a fact that there is no god You are wasted as a tiler and should be out earning miwwwwwions.

People believing in god is no different too people believing in the big bang. They ar both hard too believe. On one hand you have a bloke who made us all and the world etc in 7 days.

Or

Some how this big explosion happened and it some how made millions off differnt species o yeah and we evolved from monkeys....... So why arnt monkeys still evolving?

Except for one belief means you die and are erased from everything. And the other means that you die But go some where else. I know that with no Factfull proof for eitther sides id rather believe.:smilewinkgrin:

Reply to Ever seen a ghost? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Staffordshire, UK
Website
https://www.tilersforums.co.uk
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Ekthetikos / untold.media

Thread Information

Title
Ever seen a ghost?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.