Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Ever seen a ghost? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Phew, ok I started, so far so good, but not easy, painting steady lines onto rough and shaped cement, and pictures will come when it's finished.... phew....milky coffee I need.. byeee.... :smilewinkgrin:

:oops: sorry, just realized, I hijacked this thread, sorry, Dan!

It's okay Gi. You got for it. Guns a blazing! You can do it. :)

D

diamondtiling

After everything I have said about ghosts being a load of tosh and make believe for impressionable people I feel I should relate a true story to all of you, its only fair that I pass this story on because at least then I feel that I have accepted that some things are a bit spooky.

Turn the lights off and light a candle for effects.

I was in a working man's club many years ago, they were holding a race meeting where you could bet on videos of horse races from long ago, we had a great night that finished in the early hours of a Sunday.
I decided to walk home and get some fresh air so I set off on my way. After about 15 minutes I was near to the entrance of Crewe Cemetery, I looked at the fence and decided to climb over and walk through, this would save me at least half an hour in getting home. Walking through the cemetery would not bother me as I had done it many times, after all who is going to bother you in a place like that.
I had been walking for about 5 minutes when I heard a faint 'tap tap tap' in the near distance, slightly puzzled but not frightened I carried on, again I heard that noise, 'tap tap tap' I had a good look around but could see nothing as it was pitch black.
Shrugging it off and carrying on I only went another few feet before I heard it again, only this time much closer, in fact very close. I peered through the gloom and realized I was seeing a form of a man near to a headstone, he or it was crouching down and was dressed all in black, the hairs on the back of my neck suddenly went rigid and a cold shiver ran down my spine. I was suddenly very alert and felt strangely vulnerable.
"what the hell is that" I thought, I should have turned and ran but an unseen force had gripped me and I stood frozen to the spot as this 'thing' turned and looked straight into my eyes. It slowly walked towards me and stopped inches from my face, its breath was acrid and I felt like being sick. Then I realized it was just an old tramp that must sleep in the cemetery at night. "Jesus mate, you scared the hell out of me" I said, "what are you doing in here at such a late hour?"
"nothing much" said the old man, " I am just changing the spelling on this headstone"
"Now I really dont think you should be doing that" I said, in a Harry Enfield sort of way, "you will get into trouble.........whats wrong with the headstone anyway?" I asked.
"nothing much" said the old man, "its just that they have spelt my name wrong!"

M

mikethetile

Fipple

you and Dom have a different view on this subject which is fine, you are both entitled to express your views and we enjoy hearing them

Doms story was funny and no one could take offence with it

for some reason your taking all this personaly and theres no need to

please refrain from sniping at Dom and calling him silly names, its not how we do things here and we dont enjoy reading it

mike

F

fipple

Sheesh!..theres no need for a sowing circle mentality...ive noticed many biased posts amongst the "regular set"..and often quite snippy comments made...also im not taking anything personally:thumbsup:...im way cool!..i happen to think its an amazing site...i just happen to be a casual member of said site...i dont choose to booze and sit here all day..i will try to fit in i pwwwomise:smilewinkgrin:

Reply to Ever seen a ghost? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Staffordshire, UK
Website
https://www.tilersforums.co.uk
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Ekthetikos / untold.media

Thread Information

Title
Ever seen a ghost?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.