Discuss Ever wondered what to do ........... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

........ with offcuts/spare slate/stone tiles?

How about instead of spending 15-20 quid on tat for xmas pressys , try making something out it.

Coasters , incense stick holder , candle holder/pen holder.

Diggy :0)

Slate stuff.jpg

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I've been thinking about doing things like this with the left overs accumilating in my office. They look really good mate.

Does anyone know of pieces you can get for a multi-tool that will cut, engrave, smooth and polish? Been looking round the internet for somewhere or someone that might do them. All i seem to be able to find are rasps and cutting tools. The multi-tool would be perfect for little projects like this if you could get the fittings. Rather than have 3 or 4 tools plugged in on the bench. Anyone??

If you have off cuts of any coloured marbles and you don't have the time/tools/inclination to turn them into something then if you just cut them into rods roughly 10mm - 20mm width. These would be useful to the mosaic craft people. If they have the tools (hammer and hardie) then they can cut the stuff down. Not that many people with those tools though.

The colours which would go would be reds (Rojo Alicante and the like) greens, (Lighter better than too much Verde G.) yellows and black. Obviously there are lots of cream colours out but the modern mosaic lot do seem to like use the whites too.

If you do have off cuts and want to shift them as they are then message me.

I'm teaching a micro mosaic course for someone so I'm cutting an oval in black marble about 30mm x 15mm then routing out a 4mm recess, that'll be fun!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Ever wondered what to do ........... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I
I enjoy tiling very much and consider myself to be very fortunate to be doing a job that is so...
2 3
Replies
Views
J
Dear Tilers, I'm desperate for some advice from someone who may have made the same mistake I...
Replies
Views
4,858 of 4,965 people found the following review helpful 5.0 out of 5 stars Oh the shame...., 3...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB