Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Expensive Mistakes in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jamie B

No one likes to be the bad guy in these sorta situations but as my old boss used to say 'He's got no worries about doing it to you has he?'..drawings shmawings in my opinion..you can't play that card if you're supposed to be professional..you know if somethings not right. As others have said, I also personally spend SO much of my working life crossing the T's and dotting the I's because I am self employed I find it a bit hard to see how others don't!
you obviously know the guy best, but it does sound like his mojo has gone!..and unfortunately no matter if his wifes left him/dog's died/house fallen in (add own excuse here.....) it's you carrying the can with his work. I've employed fixers in the past and I remember the hassle!..one thing if they can't hit the standard (you see that very early doors and let them go)...a WORSE thing in my opinion if they CAN but get lazy and start treating you like the honeypot to be dipped in at will...Hope you get it sorted with the least amount of drama!....remember its' business!!:thumbsup:

...God..just read that back and realised I've finally become a proper cynic!!...arghh!:yikes:

S

Spud

lynn if the stair case is 15mm higher than the other side hes is probably only out by 1mm per riser, most marble stair treads are 30mm thick he will be able to remove the treads fairly easily with out causing too much damage as long as the balistrade hand rail is not fitted through the step treads, give him the option of trying to strip it and redoing it before you order new material whether the drawings were not up to date or not he should have checked the storey height and checked the material before starting imo, hope you can get it sorted with out costing you too much money

P

Pebbs

Listen lads, two curved staircases facing each other...I was standing at the bottom looking at them and thought ...what the hell has gone on here?! I got one of my lads to get the laser and run it from the top tread across to the top tread on the other side....Jesus Christ! I nearly did my screaming ab dab dance.

How many times do I have to repeat, check, check and check again? and then this crap he threw out to me on Monday about 'couldnt be bothered' The debit has been raised to come of his account, I spoke with my Contracts manager, and he said to me you tell him? I said no you flaming tell him thats what your paid for, Im fuming, I got £1800 of marble to replace and Im fed up with dealing with this lot on a weekly basis.

Im getting to be a right ***** arent I? :incazzato:

Lynn

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Expensive Mistakes in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
New here and no knowledge of professional tiling! I had one installer do three new bathrooms. He...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
I see and hear all to often of the horror stories when someone hires a supposed tiler only to...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Expensive Mistakes
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.