UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Exposed under old floor covering in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

RockCeramics

We have just completed this job.
This passageway was down to have altro installed,but once they had identified the original floor covering was Grade 2 listed White carrara + Black honed slate we was asked if we could restore the complete passageway.The floor had been levelled out with latex.We had to remove latex clean then replace screeded areas with matching tiles/borders.Because the new white carrara was fresh + new we had to age tiles to match once the architect agreed of match sample.After that we re-honed to try and restore to match original floor which continued on (behind camera).
Hard slog but worth it in the end.
here are some photos.
latex coat on marble slate passageway (3).jpg latex coat on marble slate passageway.jpg rockceramics.exposed grae 2 listed floor.jpg rockceramics, marble,slate grade 2 listed exposed.jpg rockceramics.jpg completion of restorations.jpg

R

RockCeramics

Looks great..Did you grind the latex off these?
TY
Part of it we did but mostly was the old fashion way soak in water chisel scrapers,due to it be old we had to take care as tiles were old and unsure of there stubility to floor base.
Which we foundout some you could lift with your scraper so more had to replaced. luckily the floor had not been primed before they levelled for vinyl, 12 yrs back.
As they where only 10mm screed bed fixed ( i believe the building was in the late 1890-1900)

N

newlineuk

TY
Part of it we did but mostly was the old fashion way soak in water chisel scrapers,due to it be old we had to take care as tiles were old and unsure of there stubility to floor base.
Which we foundout some you could lift with your scraper so more had to replaced. luckily the floor had not been primed before they levelled for vinyl, 12 yrs back.
As they where only 10mm screed bed fixed ( i believe the building was in the late 1890-1900)

nice job.. what did you use as a sealer ?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Exposed under old floor covering in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I have a 1940's semi and i have been redecorating my front room, no its my own...
Replies
Views
Hi All First post long storey short had arranged for someone to re model my bathroom on the...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone, I am new to this forum and I'm looking for your experts' advice in a situation...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.