Discuss Farmers and Milk in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Apparently China's current weak economy, and Russia not importing milk, has meant there's an over-supply of it. It's not just down to shops selling it as a loss leader. It's the fact the shops are the only ones buying it from UK farmers.

There's a new brand in Morrisons where they guarantee 10p per litre for the farmer. We'll see if the consumer supports them now eh. lol

D

Dougs Third Go

there's something drastically wrong when a bottle of water is valued higher than a bottle of milk. A lot of dairy farmers round here are struggling and have had to diversify, where we take the caravan for example the farmer probably earns more cash by having 5 or 6 caravans over the weekend than what he earns from his 40 or so milking herd.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
there's something drastically wrong when a bottle of water is valued higher than a bottle of milk. A lot of dairy farmers round here are struggling and have had to diversify, where we take the caravan for example the farmer probably earns more cash by having 5 or 6 caravans over the weekend than what he earns from his 40 or so milking herd.
That is really shocking that. The fact water is more expensive in most shops.

The way they market it, and the amount of money they have to spend on TV ads, is crazy. Considering it's just water and is usually sourced completely free I assume!?

Was it Jay-Z that made billions over night by investing in CocaCola's water brand, whatever it was.

You wouldn't see that happening with milk!

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
i can tell you the secret recipe really is a secret. Even the guys that mix it dont know the ingredients. We used to get drums labelled part 1 part 2 and part 3 and we used to mix them together with the carbonated water.

It does NOT dissolve teeth but it does clean copper and brass beautifully

It contains phosphoric acid rather than citric acid which is in most fizzy drinks. Phosphoric acid is also used in a number of grout haze removers and mortar stain removers..

D

Dougs Third Go

ok our milk farmer are to busy driving around in there range rovers to learn from the chicken boys lets call it free range .and add 40% to all them mugs out there f its an egg f its milk we can do the same .
not up here pal, most have clapped out land rovers, maybe there's a north/south divide or more precisely a highland/lowland divide?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
i can tell you the secret recipe really is a secret. Even the guys that mix it dont know the ingredients. We used to get drums labelled part 1 part 2 and part 3 and we used to mix them together with the carbonated water.

It does NOT dissolve teeth but it does clean copper and brass beautifully

It contains phosphoric acid rather than citric acid which is in most fizzy drinks. Phosphoric acid is also used in a number of grout haze removers and mortar stain removers..
So if I do murder my bank manager, it's not coke I need to stick him in. It's Pepsi?

(Christ don't answer that! It's evidence haha)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Farmers and Milk in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB