Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Fate ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

Ever had a close call ? as in missing injury or worse due to circumstances. Ever supposed to be somewhere but plans changed and you didnt.

Back in 1977, i had a young friend that loved engineering, planes , trains etc and at the time my favourite day out was Birmingham Science Museum. This was an adventure for myself and my friend as I was only 15 at the time, he was about 11. To get to the Museum was Bus ride followed by a train journey into Birmingham.
We arrived to the Museum and spent the day walking around but soon realised we needed to go to catch the train. On the way I felt unwell with stomach cramps. We arrived at New St station but I needed to sit down so we ended up missing the train we were due to get on. Never mind, the next train was 20 minutes later and I was feeling better. When we arrived at Stourbridge Junction you have to swap trains onto a shuttle train which will take you to the town station. Now the track to the station is only a short journey and you cant go any further than the town station as there must have been a bridge there a long time ago which was now just a wall with track stoppers.
Well we arrived at the junction to be told we had to catch a bus to the next station, when we arrived this is what we found .
A train crash at Stourbridge, 1977 (1) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
makes you wonder if the weight of 2 more passngers coould have tipped it over the edge ?

O

Olz

Yes, once when I had been to the metro centre at gateshead and was setting off home, england were playing and I switched to talk sport and caught the wrong button and started to retune the radio, so I pulled over and re tuned it took about 15 seconds, then set off.

Coming away from the metro centre on a dual carriage way and a van just swerved from lane one across lane two and straight into the central barrier before spinning back across both lanes, it took a car out on the way into the barrier and two more on the way back, before the four cars in front of me (two in each lane) piled into the carnage aswell.

I remember thinking then, If I hadent of knocked the tuning out, id have been right in the middle of that. :yikes:

G

Gazzer

During my last months while living in Australia, I decided I would like to see some more of Australia. So I went to the travel agent but found it was very expensive to travel and you woould be travelling all day just to get to one destination. This didnt appeal so I decided to have a holiday where all Aussies go...Bali .
When I was getting prices I saw a sign with a price to go to Rio, well I started thinking !!! as I had made a Brazilian friend on site and he had said that I could go and stay with his family. Anyway I did in the end but the time I was due to go to Bali was the same time as the bombings. I didnt find out until I returned, Sent chills down my back.
2002 Bali bombings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

O

Olz

Another time I came to a green traffic light at a crossroad in the early hours of the morning and without thinking just pulled up at the lights and stopped, the missus asked me what I was doing and told me the light was green, at which point a car came screaming through the cross road from the side through the red light.

I cant explain why I stopped, I felt really wierd afterwards, but for some reason I just stopped at a green light, we'd have been brown bread for sure the car would have smashed staight into the side of us, and it was absolutley screaming along.

G

Gazzer

My most chilling one was this.
The 1st year of work I was doing a weekend paper round but in august I finished it because the distance was too much for the money paid, so i went and did about 3 weeks for another paper shop. I decided it was too much after working all week and I could get more money by working saturday tiling.

Then this happened which was my 1st paper round.

Our Century 1976-2000

O

Olz

The 1st year of work I was doing a weekend paper round but in august I finished it because the distance was too much for the money paid, so i went and did about 3 weeks for another paper shop. I decided it was too much after working all week and I could get more money by working saturday tiling.

Our Century 1976-2000

:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

That is chilling Neale

D

doug boardley

had a couple of incidents skydiving, one where I was descending (under a round canopy) and ground wind was blowing me off course, next field on was a farmer "scaling" hay, guess where I was heading 20 foot from landing:yikes:, luckily farmers tractor stalled and I bounced off the tractor engine:hurray:Another incident (again under a round canopy) jump master put us out quarter of a mile before drop zone instead of quarter of a mile past it (Neale will know the DZ, it's right next to steam gathering field), me and my mate ended up in Morecambe Bay, but luckily the tide had just gone out:thumbsup:

U

united

When i was 15 my mate had just got a new nova (car) and one Sunday morning He came to pick me up along with another mate. I was watching hollyoaks when they came to my door so I told my dad to tell them to come back in an hour.

They didn't come back in an hour which was strange, it turns out that my mate flipped his car of the top of a hill and landed in a tree with the tree going through the back seat, the Police said anyone in the back seat would have been killed... I would have been in the back seat if I wasn't watching Hollyoaks :yikes:

U

united

Our Century 1976-2000

Scary stuff :yikes:

Reply to Fate ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

D
US Astronaut Neil Armstrong Dies Aged 82 His family said they were "heartbroken" by his death...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
P
Another Monday morning, another idiot trying my patience. I have had a delay on a job from...
Replies
Views
I
C
I am in no doubt that our friend Wivers is now flying high! Before a company goes public...
Replies
Views
wivers
W
E
Top five regrets of the dying A nurse has recorded the most common regrets of the dying, and...
Replies
Views
D
I've mentioned before on here that we've been invited to a wedding in Kenya next February. At...
Replies
Views
White Room
W

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Fate ?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.