Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Fate ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Bedford
My most chilling one was this.
The 1st year of work I was doing a weekend paper round but in august I finished it because the distance was too much for the money paid, so i went and did about 3 weeks for another paper shop. I decided it was too much after working all week and I could get more money by working saturday tiling.

Then this happened which was my 1st paper round.

Our Century 1976-2000

Blimey Neale, you're not a reincarnated moggy are you?:lol:

M

mikethetile

back in the day I was a member of a well known notorious m/cycle gang and went on a lot of runs

any biker knows the problems of riding in a large group, not bring able to see the road ahead, trying to keep up in traffic etc, so we used to split into sixes and rotate so the leader would drop to the back for a few miles and then the next leader would drop to the back and so on , this prevented anyone getting left behind if they broke down

one night after a weekend run we were about 10 miles from home home and my bike . a 3 cylinder 750 suddenly played up and was only firing on two cylinders, I was falling further behind when the leader dropped back and I caught him up, we checked the bike over and could find nothing wrong so we set off with him riding behind me in case I conked out and just to make matters worse it started to drizzle

I could see the tail lights ahead of me getting smaller and disapearing and reappearing as they went around the bends, suddenly they were all over the road on a bend and two headlights were mixed up with them

my bike spluttered and banged a bit and then starting firing on three again

when we caught up a few minutes later we found carnage

the road was greasy on the bend and you could see there was diesel/oil all over the bend, it was slippery to walk on and no wonder they had slid out on their bikes, a car coming the otherway had tried to stop but skidded into the bikes, Lost two mates that night and another the next day from his injuries

only one of the four survived

bike was ok after that and never did find what caused it to misfire

D

doug boardley

back in the day I was a member of a well known notorious m/cycle gang and went on a lot of runs

any biker knows the problems of riding in a large group, not bring able to see the road ahead, trying to keep up in traffic etc, so we used to split into sixes and rotate so the leader would drop to the back for a few miles and then the next leader would drop to the back and so on , this prevented anyone getting left behind if they broke down

one night after a weekend run we were about 10 miles from home home and my bike . a 3 cylinder 750 suddenly played up and was only firing on two cylinders, I was falling further behind when the leader dropped back and I caught him up, we checked the bike over and could find nothing wrong so we set off with him riding behind me in case I conked out and just to make matters worse it started to drizzle

I could see the tail lights ahead of me getting smaller and disapearing and reappearing as they went around the bends, suddenly they were all over the road on a bend and two headlights were mixed up with them

my bike spluttered and banged a bit and then starting firing on three again

when we caught up a few minutes later we found carnage

the road was greasy on the bend and you could see there was diesel/oil all over the bend, it was slippery to walk on and no wonder they had slid out on their bikes, a car coming the otherway had tried to stop but skidded into the bikes, Lost two mates that night and another the next day from his injuries

only one of the four survived

bike was ok after that and never did find what caused it to misfire
were you one of Satan's Slaves the Mike?

M

mikethetile

yes doug

I was in a small local gang of about a dozen members and we were told we were going to affiliate as we werent big enough to take them on so we lost our own colours and had to fly theirs, I stayed in for about a year then dropped out as I wasnt happy with the way things were done

if I walked into a pub I would be given free beer by the landlord and asked if I wouldnt mind just drinking it queitly and then leave without trouble, the regulars were so nervous some would drop their pints when they saw me, people were terrified of me. we were ordered to do debt collecting and to collect "insurance payments" from local businesses

so we had gone from a happy local bike gang that got drunk and messed about a lot to being part of a worlwide organisation built on fear and terrorism. they were also shooting local drug dealers so they could control the local drug supply

I got a right hiding when they caught up with me but it was worth it to be free from them

D

doug boardley

dunno how I escaped this one, doing neck end of a ton on A6 in my capri 2 litre s, tape got jammed in player so I was trying to get it out/eject when the lorry that was half a mile in front of me stopped, I did't see it had stopped (cos I was messing about with my tape deck) hit the brakes, swerved across the road, turned A-o-T twice and walked out without a scratch, found my sheared off back wheel 300 yards away. The real sting in the tail was that week I'd just finished paying off the loan for the car and the next week I was gonnna insure it fully comp. 3 years of work down the drain, (or more precisecly, to the scrap yard:mad2:)

Reply to Fate ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

D
US Astronaut Neil Armstrong Dies Aged 82 His family said they were "heartbroken" by his death...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
P
Another Monday morning, another idiot trying my patience. I have had a delay on a job from...
Replies
Views
I
C
I am in no doubt that our friend Wivers is now flying high! Before a company goes public...
Replies
Views
wivers
W
E
Top five regrets of the dying A nurse has recorded the most common regrets of the dying, and...
Replies
Views
D
I've mentioned before on here that we've been invited to a wedding in Kenya next February. At...
Replies
Views
White Room
W

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Fate ?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.