Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Fate ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikethetile

theres a lot of myth built up around it too Doug

but I lived the lifestyle for a while and had some good experiances as well as bad, but its a lonely life when everyone is petrified of you because of a patch stitched to the back of your jacket, so once in you stay in as thats your life and the only friends you have, no one else will mix with you
as a total contrast im in the salvation army now and help people where I can

D

doug boardley

theres a lot of myth built up around it too Doug

but I lived the lifestyle for a while and had some good experiances as well as bad, but its a lonely life when everyone is petrified of you because of a patch stitched to the back of your jacket, so once in you stay in as thats your life and the only friends you have, no one else will mix with you
as a total contrast im in the salvation army now and help people where I can
Blood and Fire is nearly as frighening as far as motto's goes tho' Mike:lol:' but nice one for being altruistic:thumbsup:

S

ScottG13

Not a near death experience but fate working its magic. Many years back my missus and I went to a party. This was to be the first time she met my friends. Low and behold the first of my friends she was to meet was in the back of a police car. Drink driving :incazzato:. Turns out he thought he would pop out from the party and get a McDonalds. Got to a mini-roundabout and changed his mind about the MD's and did a 180. The police saw the 180 followed him, breathalised him, the rest is history. A bit later that night another friend of mine (still a good mate now) got a call from the other fella asking to be picked up as the police had released him. My mate walked home to get his car and while walking quickly just round the corner from his house overtook 5 or 6 blokes who jumped him from behind and gave him more than just a kicking. When he came round he was in the middle of the road, ambulance next to him with a paving slab on his head! They pretty much left him for dead. If the idiot that was drink driving would have just got that big mac meal he would have kept his licence and my mate would have kept his teeth, ribs, face..............

So don't drink and drive, and if you do pop out for a happy meal do yourself a favour and just get it

S

ScottG13

.... better still, get a taxi!

good point, that lad never learnt his lesson drink driving. Probably about 3 times he got caught. The last time, his then girlfriend was driving and couldn't afford to lose her licence, so they swapped seats. He took the rap for it and went to prison. When he came out she had left him for another bloke :lol:. Needless to say I dont think he has had a car or a girlfriend since!

D

Deleted member 9966

I remember a time when I worked for JCB. I travelled to work along the main A50 dual carriageway towards Derby. Back then JCB just had their World Parts centre just off the dual carriageway. As I was coming to the Uttoxeter roundabout where I would turn left to work, a truck carrying a JCB forklift came off the World Parts sliproad in front of me. As it too came up to the roundabout, it went left towards the main JCB HQ which was where I was heading.

I was looking at the back of the truck and the forklift appeared to be rocking badly :yikes: so I hung right back. Then there was another roundabout to negotiate and go straight on at. The truck went straight on, sticking to the outside of the roundabout, and I had to stop as another car joined from the right.

Just as the truck was going for the straight on exit, the forklift rocked sideways and then straight off the back of the truck, bouncing 3 times in front of the car in front of me. :yikes: I have never in my life seen a JCB bounce like it.

I got to work and explained the story. Later on I had to speak to the haulage company who do JCB's transportation. Turns out the driver of the truck was renowned for never tying anything down to go short distances and was served his P45 the same day :lol:

It made me wary of anything strapped/not strapped to the back of lorries since. Car transporters, JCB hauliers, anything. Makes me queasy just thinking about it.

Reply to Fate ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

D
US Astronaut Neil Armstrong Dies Aged 82 His family said they were "heartbroken" by his death...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
P
Another Monday morning, another idiot trying my patience. I have had a delay on a job from...
Replies
Views
I
C
I am in no doubt that our friend Wivers is now flying high! Before a company goes public...
Replies
Views
wivers
W
E
Top five regrets of the dying A nurse has recorded the most common regrets of the dying, and...
Replies
Views
D
I've mentioned before on here that we've been invited to a wedding in Kenya next February. At...
Replies
Views
White Room
W

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Fate ?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.