UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Feel guilty in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Peter

Everyone likes making a few quid over the odds but there's getting a good price and ripping somebody off. Makes sense to leave a few pounds back and the customer will think that the sun shines out of your hole.

Was in a similar situation last week. 5m bathroom floor and a very small kitchen splashback. Bathroom floor was an insurance job which I'd priced, kitchen splashback was what the customer wanted seperate. I felt that £220 was plenty for it. Got the insurance cheque (thought it was going to be about £150) which was around £310 for the bathroom floor only. She produced her cheque book and asked how much more I owed her for the kitchen. Could have stuck the arm in but said "That cheque covers it all, you got yourself a freebie for Christmas". Lady was obviously delighted, as was I getting an exta £90. Left the job in excellent terms and no doubt get a bit of work passed on as a result. What goes around comes around. You only stroke someone once but if you charge a fair price then you make more money in the long run.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

penno

Forgot to post back. Ended up with the full amount, insisted i took it so did him a favor and put some shelves and a bathroom cabinet up for him :)
He is an eye surgeon at a private hospital, got chatting how i suffer from really dry eyes (also blind as a bat), booked me in for the new year for some free treatment to see if he can do anything and offer advice so a winner.
Also pricing a job for his parents tomorrow.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Feel guilty in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Good Morning,new member here, been in the game 25 years, but never too old to learn stuff. I...
Replies
Views
O
    • Informative
    • Winner
so I'm currently undertaking a project at the moment with 1800 x 800 x 10mm Florim porcelain...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
W
I will be doing full bathroom renovation, and the plan is to build a walk in shower due to the...
Replies
Views
Paul Bleasdale
P

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Feel guilty
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.