Discuss Fell out with a neighbour in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bolter

Just lost a job after the customer said to me "the jobs yours, I accept your quote" and a week later he tells me he no longer wants to pay to straighten the walls as his builder mate said it was ok to tile onto, and you dont need to sort out the floorboards as you can chipboard it and tile it.

I laughed, bid him good luck, and placed the phone down. One wall needed dry-lining, the other 3 were ok. The floor needed fixing, overboarding properly, and I priced up some ditra matting at cost as he has Marble floor tiles. All this prep wont be done, I know it. Can you imagine the mess?

Hopefully I get a sheepish phone call in a few weeks :)

edit: and I might just be tempted to laugh really hard, and put the phone down :)

Part 2, gave a friend of mine a quote before xmas, was told I was going to be too much money and that they would be going with a bathroom firm that deals with everything. So this firm ripped everything out, sorted out the walls (did they Mind your language!) and re-tiled. Yes, they fitted the electric shower and cut round it, yes that is black grout instead of silicone sealing it in :) The bath has been sealed with grout also lol!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Fell out with a neighbour in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
    • Friendly
Hi been a lurker for a while. I buy property and renovate to sell or rent. I do most of this...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
We are redoing our bathroom and had a long discussion on tanking with our handyman who does...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Fell out with a neighbour
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.