UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss FIFA Stands Firm On England Poppy Ban in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stewart

I think they're right not to allow it.... It was never an issue in the past, so why is it now.... Is it maybe something to do with not getting the world cup bid, or their personal dislike of the FIFA board? Black arm bands and minute silences are completely different and neutral. Whereas the poppy is a specific charity for a specific reason and though it's a good cause, it's still against the rules.

Players that are up in arms about this are just playing the system for their own publicity and I bet they wouldn't do it of it were a qualifying game and not just a friendly. They have more than enough opportunity to show their support with their training kit and track suits, not to mention their personal attire away from the game. Poppy fascism is getting out of had IMO and the game should be canceled if the England team do not stick to the rules. If FIFA allow this then what will the next team be asking to wear as a show of support.....?

Created on iPhone.....

T

Time's Ran Out

If it wasn't in the rules of FIFA and they objected then that's an argument.
But it is in the rules and it has to be accepted.
Too many Do-gooders trying to make an issue out of something and as there is a minutes silence, poppies on the pitch and tracksuits then the fallen are well represented.
One good thing to come out of it - the extra publicity and hopefully a record year for collection boxes of £40million.

T

TheWrightTiler

agree its in the rules but its armistice day, as an ex soldier i personally wouldnt play if i couldnt wear my poppy in respect of fallen comrades, i currently have my wreath for sunday to lay at my local memorial service, i wear my veterans badge with the utmost pride and have 2 poppies, one red for fallen comrades and one purple for animals which have fallen

as its a charity its a form of sponsorship but cmon ffs this is our history we are talking about, part of what makes britain great, children in need is coming soon and that get more publicity than armistice day, its a friendly game if players choose to wear the poppy and fifa or the fa or sfa ban it then me id tell them to and shove it where the sun dont shine and would never play again for the team regardless of outcry,

united we stand divided we fall, we will remember them

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Look, a lot of you guys already know I hate Wars through and through. Full stop. If it was the good old going in and taking over the Country I might be up for it myself. But these days it's not, it's normally corporates wanting a higher dollar value on Oil. I'm also not a tree-hugger, those who know me well know that.

But, and it's a big but here. People have genuinely died for a living, and the poppy is a charity but it's one the shirt makers should be embroidering on the shirts right next to their logos, so that for the important matches where a point needs to be made, one can be made. I'm sure the commercial side of the footy could even profit out of this somehow whilst still getting more cash to the charity too.

Takes the mick when a person can be involved in both profiting from oil and from the football industry (often owning clubs too even) - and then to not chip in with the support for the poppy-wearing.

It's a shame it has to be the lads on the pitch who risk a lot shouting out about things like this.

Glad they can wear something now anyway. Gets my back up this sort of stuff does.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to FIFA Stands Firm On England Poppy Ban in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I thought I'd create a thread so we can link each other to the last thing we bought on eBay, so...
2 3
Replies
Views
anne_mutens
A
Ok here's the scenario. I have a shower in my attack en suite. I have retiled it twice. The...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
O
well if you're like me, prob not!, my quest for the perfect knee pad continues. I spend an...
2 3
Replies
Views
Blunt Tool
B
T
Hi New to the forum and new to tiles and underfloor heating. Hope you will be able to take some...
Replies
Views
TinyFlat
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
FIFA Stands Firm On England Poppy Ban
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.