Discuss Tiling my shower.... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

Not sure why you're re-tiling it then mate? if you've taken the flex out of the tray then why not simply reseal?

How is the shower finished? i.e tiles out of the shower cubical. I'm wondering how you're going to deal with the transistion between old and new above the shower enclosure. You could use tile trim but that going to stick out like a sore thumb once you added 15-20mm of backerboard and tiles. If I walked in to a bathroom like that my eye would go to it instantly and start wondering what nasties are underneath... but then I suppose not all homebuyers are tradesmen.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Not sure why you're re-tiling it then mate? if you've taken the flex out of the tray then why not simply reseal?

How is the shower finished? i.e tiles out of the shower cubical. I'm wondering how you're going to deal with the transistion between old and new above the shower enclosure. You could use tile trim but that going to stick out like a sore thumb once you added 15-20mm of backerboard and tiles. If I walked in to a bathroom like that my eye would go to it instantly and start wondering what nasties are underneath... but then I suppose not all homebuyers are tradesmen.

Your spending to much time 'debating'with swedish knobjockey mike rob, you seem to be getting grumpy these days [emoji16]

Reply to Tiling my shower.... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have a shower tray installed and it is sitting away from the wall. I am going to...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Ajax123

Esteemed
Arms
TF
Lincolnshire
Website
https://www.lkabminerals.com/en/products/gypsol/
What member type are you?
  1. Support Rep (here to provide support only)

Thread Information

Title
Tiling my shower....
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Australia Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond