Discuss final cleaning in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Guitardedleon

the downstairs toilet and storage areas I was doing are finished.

just before grouting the floor I hoovered and with a slightly damp sponge went over the tiles to remove any left dust
then grouted and with a mostly dry sponge-sponged off excess as I went

after the grout had been down for 5 mins I went back and carefully went over it again
same again after around 30 and finally the morning after

tiles were spotless!

now though no matter how much I mop I can see like a haze but not grout more addy!?

Ive gone in and wiped every tile with one of those scotch pad/sponges & moped once more.. still not clean enough!
when damp they look bang on- no visible dirt at all.. but when drying its all visible

I would take pics but I have no phone and the missus has the iPad with her at her mothers

any tips to getting them good?

O

Old Mod

Hi,
sounds like they should of been sealed first, I've a good bet they are the same as some I recently used. Sposidly pre sealed! Errr NO, well not well enough. If you're still struggling get small bottle of FILA Acid Detergent. (500ml) under tenner, can't quite remember. Apply liberally with green scotch pad. Leave for 2-3 mins. Scrub vigorously with pad again, neutralise with plenty of water. THEN VACUUM off liquid. This prevents u spreading around again. Buff with dry cloth or towel. Leaves them sparkling. Jus make sure u follow directions carefully. Then it works a treat. But I diluted 50:50. Slightly different to what they said, but worked first time. Excellent product.
Hope this helps
Merry Christmas.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to final cleaning in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I have a 1940's semi and i have been redecorating my front room, no its my own...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Please help me. Really having a nightmare here. Just moved into a new house and the...
Replies
Views
M
First post so be gentle, I am currently tiling my garage floor with Dotti 30 x 30cm porcelain...
Replies
Views
Martyn Wilks
M
I'm just wondering if my glazed ceramic tiles need sealing before I grout them... I applied...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB