Discuss FIRST POST. FIRST "biggish" JOB. MARBLE. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dilz000

well guys, seeing as you've all been so helpfull i thought you would also like to see some progress!!

This is what was under the carpet and lino, it goes all the way through the house! took a full days work to get it up. Cleaned as much of the bitumen off as I could. Also had the toilet and sink taken out and took off all of the existing skirting boards.

IMG_0278.jpg

I then primed the substrate and started installing the 6mm instillation boards from Uheat. I tried to lay them in such a way that there are as little joins as possible in the heavily trafficked areas. I ordered enough adhesive to lay this and the tiles, however I realise now I should have ordered gray to do this as the white adhesive is more expensive. :mad2:

IMG_0315.jpg

Today is the day for UFH instillation. I also get to play with my new Fien Multimaster soon to nip off the bottom of the architraves.

Any criticism & comments welcome.

D

dilz000

maybe your monitor is abit out, its a creamy white :]

Finaly got the UFH in. I did it all once, got to the last stretch and discovered I had way to much cable left over, so I had to pull 3/4 of it back up and put it down again and ended up cutting most of it off the backing. TBH this was the first time i've used UFH so I suppose 12hours to install it isn't that bad...:hurray:

I've tested the cable too, I'm think I did it right anyways, the reading was 2.5ohms off what it says on the resistance readings pdf I downloaded from Uheat. I think i did the live and the earth wire? Is that right? I can recheck tomorrow.

anyways:
IMG_0317.jpg

Reply to FIRST POST. FIRST "biggish" JOB. MARBLE. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi, it's my first time here and I'm desperate to solve this problem. Can someone please tell me...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
FIRST POST. FIRST "biggish" JOB. MARBLE.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.