Discuss first tile and its travertine french pattern 62m2 OMG in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rich

Im going to be blunt as well, this isnt a job for a novice. There is a MASIVE difference in DIY tiling a small floor and the job you are talking about. I wonder how much the stone and materials cost you, I bet you could have had the floor tiled by a pro in a different material for close to the same price and it would be done properly and last a life time.

As said above, starting with a small part of the floor to see how you get on is not a good idea as the floor could take a 6 months or a year to fail. Dont just think of how it looks, it must be done properly every step of the way in order to stop the tiles cracking and lifting.

Of course, this is your floor and your choice and we are happy to help in any way we can but my advice would be to contact Dave (admin) and ask him to put you in contact with a trusted pro to have a look at the job and give yoiu a quote, that way you can toss up the money side of things.

P.S PVA is the devil :devil:

Reply to first tile and its travertine french pattern 62m2 OMG in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

hi all ,got called to price a travertine job that other trades have prepped, timber floors,green...
Replies
Views
Hi All Ive got a really nice job ive been recommended for, 77 sq mtrs of travertine. The...
Replies
Views
D
How to drill a hole in a steel bath. At 365Drills we provide either the equipment you need or...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
Been to quote on a job today and advice needed on this one I think! 50mt total area, 15mts is...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I’m still planning my first proper tiling job (in my own house) and have been trying to get...
Replies
Views
_Adrian
A

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
first tile and its travertine french pattern 62m2 OMG
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.