Discuss Fitters trousers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I currently have a pair of Blakladers. But they have seen better days. Some of the wear holes are getting rather large and current weather is making then somewhat drafty.
Anyone got any recommendations on trousers? Some musts:

Need to have pad socks on the knees.
Ideally have rabbit ears in addition to many pockets.
Be available in a long leg. 34" minimum but ideally a 36".

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
My Blakladers have lasted almost 3 years bri. Im reluctant to part with them. Ill put a couple of pics up when i get in from work tonight. But im having to be extra careful putting them on now. I've been on my knees that much that not only have a worn a 3" hole on the outer knee. Its also replicated on the other side of the pad on the inside.
But you're right they are expensive. But i suppose it will depend on how quickly i go through a cheaper pair because 3 years from a pair of work trousers used literally daily is bloody good.

Doug those ones would be ideally priced but i need a longer leg being 6'5".
I've been looking at Strauss. Anyone tried theirs?

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Can't believe you've made a pair of trousers last 3 years Ali :lol: that's some achievement! The most I've ever managed is 12 months and they were in shreds by then.

September 2009 i believe i Got them. I'll post a few pictures.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369934734254.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 55
  • uploadfromtaptalk1369934805231.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 59
  • uploadfromtaptalk1369934886513.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 54
  • uploadfromtaptalk1369935043652.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 51
S

Stef

Got some 'site' ones from screwfix, they were £30 and are doing well after about 3 months or so. Triple stitched in all the right places, have outer pad pockets and flappy pockets as well. Blaklader are the best IMO but at around £70 per pair, very expensive.

ScrewFix are doing site beagle trousers £16.99 or 2 pairs for £22..

Bought 2 pairs the other day but they are slightly large so the boys got them to try on for size.

Need to order square trousers 32x32.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Sad but i was thinking about these trousers before bed last night. I think my OCD Might of played a part in why they haven't fallen to bits yet. As a good pair of work trousers can be quite costly i thought (however anal it might sound) that id list a few things this morning.
I have a pair of Levi 501's that I've had since 1996 and to look at them you wouldn't think they were more than a year or two old.
I think there's a certain amount of care you can take to look after your threads.

I never wash them at more than 30 degrees. Id sooner wash them twice than put them through a hot wash. Heat wears the stitching.

I never tumble dry them either for the same reason. Hang them fully open/unfolded on a radiator to dry.

I don't actually wash them as often as yet may think. Once a fortnight unless they get covered or extra filthy for whatever reason.

They don't ever get screwed up or thrown in the wash basket with the rest of the dirty laundry. When they need washing they get taken off and put straight in the machine.

And inline with the last above. I always fold them up. Same way every night. Don't leave them screwed up or dumped anywhere. Folded neatly and placed on the floor.

I also don't remove the pads when being washed either. And never iron them. All of this prevents extra wear on the material. Hence the reason its taken 3 years to put a hole in the knee!

I completely realise that this makes me sound anal but it works!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Sad but i was thinking about these trousers before bed last night. I think my OCD Might of played a part in why they haven't fallen to bits yet. As a good pair of work trousers can be quite costly i thought (however anal it might sound) that id list a few things this morning.
I have a pair of Levi 501's that I've had since 1996 and to look at them you wouldn't think they were more than a year or two old.
I think there's a certain amount of care you can take to look after your threads.

I never wash them at more than 30 degrees. Id sooner wash them twice than put them through a hot wash. Heat wears the stitching.

I never tumble dry them either for the same reason. Hang them fully open/unfolded on a radiator to dry.

I don't actually wash them as often as yet may think. Once a fortnight unless they get covered or extra filthy for whatever reason.

They don't ever get screwed up or thrown in the wash basket with the rest of the dirty laundry. When they need washing they get taken off and put straight in the machine.

And inline with the last above. I always fold them up. Same way every night. Don't leave them screwed up or dumped anywhere. Folded neatly and placed on the floor.

I also don't remove the pads when being washed either. And never iron them. All of this prevents extra wear on the material. Hence the reason its taken 3 years to put a hole in the knee!

I completely realise that this makes me sound anal but it works!

What's a washing machine? I just put mine in a basket and next time I see them they're clean and ready to wear again :hurray:

Reply to Fitters trousers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
Just lost 3.5 stone and still losing, so i was thinking of trying some of them work trousers you...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
G
Don’t just take our word for it! Amazon Testimonials 5.0 out of 5 stars Best kneepads you will...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
C
Wet Vs Dry polishing, which is better? We get asked this daily. There is really no definitive...
Replies
Views
Turkish tiler
T
G
Our industry especially those that are of the older generation will have suffered or will suffer...
Replies
Views
A
After trying out several different pairs of work trousers another lad recommended Snickers...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB