Discuss Fixing decoupling membrane in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

andy-p

TF
Arms
My other issue is they may wish to proceed without decoupling. My intention is to quote decoupling separately with a recommendation to using it. If they go against my advice and I proceed without decoupling I'm concerned I would still be held liable if the tiles fail as my quote would prove I was aware of risks involved of not decoupling. I'm thinking of wording it as a recommendation to lower risk and should they instruct me to proceed they would be accepting the higher risk. Does that makes sense?
Sandy , i walked away from a 300m2 heated screed floor recently because the bloke dithered on using a decoup mat , if the tiles start cracking you can be sure your in the mire because you knew but went ahead anyway, who needs the hassle ?? :thumbsdown:

Reply to Fixing decoupling membrane in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

hats67 - Yesterday at 11:48 PM Add bookmark #1 Hello guys. I came upon and registered with...
Replies
Views
Hello guys. I came upon and registered with this forum while doing some research on decoupling...
Replies
Views
B
Hi all, I would appreciate some professional advice please. I have 10mm porcelain tiles for a...
Replies
Views
B
Hi Ive been browsing your forums over the years looking for guidance for odd tiling DIY tasks...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm getting towards the end of a major renovation that has taken 4+ years so don't...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Fixing decoupling membrane
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.