UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Fixing help needed in Marlow, Buckinhamshire in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Anyone really handy with tools and good ideas around the Marlow (Buckinghamshire) area? The mosaic commission which is very nearly finished, see http://www.tilersforums.com/tiling-forum/37000-tilersforums.com-show-us-your-53.html#post539497

will be picked up from my place in a couple or so weeks and then will have to be fixed to an outside brick wall. It's around 1.25m x 1m, a heavy old beast, glass mosaic on versapanel ( Cement/wood particle board ) - we did get a flat screen bracket that would take the weight, but high tensile bolts and no nuts to go with it made me hesitant about it all so between the customer and me it was decided that someone should have a look at it on site and help with the best fixing method, ideally invisible.

Basically I am looking for someone who could and would like to do this job well, fee to be arranged between yourself and the customer, my job is simply to pass on your details so she can get in touch with you nearer to the time. I told her I would look for someone amongst my pro-tiler buddies. :)

U

user123

G, This is PJC territory.

If he doesn't want to get involved, my Nan lives in a village just outside Marlow so I'll take a look one Sunday when I pop down to visit her :thumbsup:

Daz

Thanks for letting me know, Daz, brilliant. I know weekends are tricky at times for the family there, but that's great, I know that either of you would do something clever there... :hurray: Please pm me your name and phone number, so I can forward it to the customer.. :) pjc is still away, isn't he?

U

user123

hi Mosa about 4 miles from me marlow heads a bit fuzzey at to mo lol

Nowt fresh there then.. :lol: Ok, I did send the customer Daz's contact details last night, with the info that he is in touch with someone else (i.e. you :) he can contact if need be, so either of you will hear one way or another. And if neither of you can do it at the time I have Pebbs to fall back on, too. All good :thumbsup: did three colour epoxy grouting on the piece today, before the black tomorrow, fun fun, finished just now, 10pm... !

J

jay

Nowt fresh there then.. :lol: Ok, I did send the customer Daz's contact details last night, with the info that he is in touch with someone else (i.e. you :) he can contact if need be, so either of you will hear one way or another. And if neither of you can do it at the time I have Pebbs to fall back on, too. All good :thumbsup: did three colour epoxy grouting on the piece today, before the black tomorrow, fun fun, finished just now, 10pm... !

and the pics are:smilewinkgrin:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Fixing help needed in Marlow, Buckinhamshire in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

If you need help finding a good tile shop, then please post in this forum area. This is a new...
Replies
Views
    • Agree
[reposted here as it seems much more active] Hi, I’m not looking to tile the floor, but feel...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
Hi, I’m not looking to tile the floor, but feel this forum has some really smart and helpful...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, I normally post over in diynot for general DIY but wrt tiling over timber I need some...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
S
Hello, Never attempted a mosaic before, so thought I'd seek some advice. Only having used mosaic...
Replies
Views
seneca
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.