Discuss Flat "L" tile trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

Ok so todays job was 4 course of 100mm tiles around a kitchen. They wanted this "L" shape chrome trim around the edges which is no problem until you come to the window cill and reveals. Ther eis also a boxing covering pipework.
So if you imagine this trim is 2mm thick and 10mm deep and you edge the sides and tops of the tiles where it is 4 course high. Looking direct at the tiles you get to see a 2 mm edge. Hope this is making sense. Now this is the only way the trim can go on this area but when it comes to the cill and reveals, which way would you put the trim?.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I was thinking having the 2mm showing on the cill front, so 10mm flat on the cill level with the tile, and then the 2mm showing up the front of each side, 10mm on the inside still with the cill peice. And then around the room half way up where it meets the window, have the 2mm on the front still like around the window? Your 10mm on top of the half-tiled area would meet the 10mm in the window reveal (the side) and run down on the inside of the window and meet the cill piece.

If I'm thinking correctly. Just stood at my kitchen window. I think that makes sense and would work? :lol:

You don't have throw 'em out there Neale mate! haha

Reply to Flat "L" tile trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone Looking soon at retiling a shower enclosure walls at a local leisure centre. Once...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Flat "L" tile trim
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.