Discuss Flat "L" tile trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

So, I arrive at the job and its a standard kitchen with 100mm tiles. They only want 4 course and trim on all edges. they supply 10mm flat "L" chrome trim.
No problems i thought but I thought I would ask which way they want the trim on the cill and reveals (as we have already discussed).
They want it with the 10mm side facing as you look at the tiles......just like the other edges....?????? Eh ?
I explain it cant be done around the edges of the 4 courses but he insists it can....."Show me" I said.

So he proceeds to show me but right away he is struggling. I show him how the trim has to fit.
He then says I will need to cut the back off the trim so it can sit on top of the tile !...."And what do i fix that with " , " and what about the gap the trim will leave "........ "cant you use glue and fill the gap with grout" He says......."Erm nope"
He frowns and and swears blind it will work and that in the shop he sorted it out.
I ask why he didnt buy square crhrome trim if that was what he wanted......."They didnt have any, so I bought this"

Well after leaving him to realise he had got it all wrong and agreeing that around the edges the flange has to go behind the tile leaving a 2mm edge showing.
Then we came to the cill and I explained there was only 2 ways , either 10mm showing on the vertical or 2mm....which way would you like it ? "Which way do you usually do it" He asked........" the way I am doing it " I say, " I ask the client because in the past I have done it both ways and in the past the client has said after I have done it that they wanted it the other way....So I ask you now! "

Anyway I have left it with them over night and tomorrow I will be able to fix either way on the 2 cills.

Customers eh, you gotta love them :mad2::mad2::mad2:

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
manchester
Ceramic Multicoloured 4.jpg Ceramic Kitchen Walls 2.jpg IMG00053-20100512-1004.jpg

this is what i would do :thumbsup:

Reply to Flat "L" tile trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone Looking soon at retiling a shower enclosure walls at a local leisure centre. Once...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Flat "L" tile trim
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.