Discuss Floor levelling pegs. Which ones have you tried in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

C&S

We recently laid an Egyptian Limestone Floor using the Raimondi Pegs with great results. We have also tried the Genesis pegs with equally good results. If I had to choose I would probably opt for the Raimondi simply because of the 'pliers' that you use to tighten up the pegs. The pegs seem to work a little better with these 'pliers' but they are more difficult to remove. We kicked out the pegs as recommended and they flew all over the place.
Don't take my word for it as we have moved away from 100% tiling to concentrate on our restoration work, but I thought I would add my thoughts to your thread.

S

Spud

I tried the tile mate levelling wedges recently and all i can say is that they are in my garage and are free to whoever wants to collect them from Stevenage , what I found with them is they dont tighten up they same way ask the raimondi ones do and even pushed home to the very last notch on the wedge on a 10mm porcelain tile they didnt really work that well, so far the Raimondi ones are the best I have used but would like to try out any others that are on the market and may well do a comparison video next year

C

charlie1

not necessarily, there are addy's that claim to be deformable, and they are, but to what extent?

who knows what goes on underneath a tile once you pull it back out its bed by say 5mm? You would need to xray the bed to find out, my guess is it would be full of voids, or more probably one large void somewhere. I don't personally have too much of an issue with this however if i was fitting tiles in an area subject to really heavy traffic then i certainly would.

D

Dougs Third Go

who knows what goes on underneath a tile once you pull it back out its bed by say 5mm? You would need to xray the bed to find out, my guess is it would be full of voids, or more probably one large void somewhere. I don't personally have too much of an issue with this however if i was fitting tiles in an area subject to really heavy traffic then i certainly would.
I think that's what I was saying:thumbsup:

S

Spud

lash clips dont level floors they just control lippage if the floor is bumpy and out of tolerance you still have to latex ,lash clips are helpful when using large format tiles when using pourable adhesives as they stop the tiles slumping and stop the adjacent tiles being pushed up by the bedding of the tile next to it ,Try the clips out first before dismissing them if then you decide they are not for you give a explanation why you dont like them not just theories on why not to use them

An old tiler once told me that a coin would be rolled across the floor, hopefully not hitting a lip otherwise it would jump.....
Had a clerk of the works used to use a billard ball if it jumped on an certain spot he would put a chalk mark on the tiles so we would end up chopping that area back up that was in the Sand/cement days all the tilers on the firm dreaded working on his jobs.

Reply to Floor levelling pegs. Which ones have you tried in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi - I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and...
Replies
Views
Hi. I've just used Mapei Ultimate Leveller 1210 to cover a very irregular concrete floor in our...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB