Discuss Floor levelling pegs. Which ones have you tried in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

It's quite a big out lay for something of probably use once. I enjoy the way I do it & I feel it's done right. Don't fancy having a runny mix. Just makes a poor, brittle adhesion to the substrate. Think ill stick with the old skool way ;)

hey , if you wanna try then see if they work for you.. you never know.. but i did look into these a few yr back when they hit the USA market first.

C

charlie1

Chatting to the USA lads on their forum bubbles , they are mixed results with them.. some say then use them all the time and others say you have to use wetter adhesive than normal to get tiles to pull into place.. now over wetting adhesive IMO is weakening cement to water ration and could impair tensile strength..

Any tiler worth his salt can tile a flat floor and with very minimal lippage.. the cost of adding a gimmick like this is stupid and some tilers really struggle as it is with costs...

my take on it is , some tilers use battens and some do not... the same with these.. if they work for you and you can retrieve the costings then go for it. :)

a runny mix probably full of air pockets, there is no way of knowing how good these systems are for years to come untill they have stood the test of time. I would like a try at one but on the other hand i like the skill involved using level and mallet.

P

Peter

Will be interesting to see how Gary and co got on with them. Think they done/are doing a test with the various types of clips using glass to see what's actually happening underneath.

Wouldn't rule them out on very large format stuff although a decent tiler should be able to lay a good quality run of the mill floor without them. I find it contradictory the way you need to have a flat well prepped floor for them to work though.

D

DHTiling

Will be interesting to see how Gary and co got on with them. Think they done/are doing a test with the various types of clips using glass to see what's actually happening underneath.

Wouldn't rule them out on very large format stuff although a decent tiler should be able to lay a good quality run of the mill floor without them. I find it contradictory the way you need to have a flat well prepped floor for them to work though.

Exactly.. :).. and how many diy'rs can do that , never mind tile a lip free floor :):):)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Floor levelling pegs. Which ones have you tried in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi - I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and...
Replies
Views
Hi. I've just used Mapei Ultimate Leveller 1210 to cover a very irregular concrete floor in our...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB