Discuss Floor levelling pegs. Which ones have you tried in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bubblecraft

This is where i get my kit from bub !Kwik Split :thumbsup: take a look they are very good dealers :thumbsup:

They are the first site I seem that had them but looked a pretty poor, cheap site so was a little weary [URL="http://www.kwiksplit.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_copy_of_Raimondi_Tile_Spacers_and_Levelling_System.html] Kwik Split[/URL]
So £70.80 for a 100pc starter kit

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bubblecraft

i bought the dearer pliers ,they are much better quality,and you get replaceable plastic jaws ,not that i need them !! i think they are for dirty workers really the type that gets adhesive everywhere !!!lol.....

Lol. I'm a very clean worker so should be fine. I do know a very messy worker that would need them though.

Think ill grab me the floor kit for my next floor job & give it a whirl.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bubblecraft

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

Sorry what I meant to say was reused. Or do the pliers squeeze and deform them too much?

Wingn you can use the wedges over-over, the pliers don't deform them , i think gary said he just uses this hands to place them, i used the piers every time,if you have the piers set to the wrong tention they will snap them,so it's important to get the best from your tool,and set it right to start with, they look very professional IMO on a tiled floor/wall and it sort of shows the customers you have taken care to do a v-good job !!give them a go i did, and liked them .......

D

DHTiling

Chatting to the USA lads on their forum bubbles , they are mixed results with them.. some say then use them all the time and others say you have to use wetter adhesive than normal to get tiles to pull into place.. now over wetting adhesive IMO is weakening cement to water ration and could impair tensile strength..

Any tiler worth his salt can tile a flat floor and with very minimal lippage.. the cost of adding a gimmick like this is stupid and some tilers really struggle as it is with costs...

my take on it is , some tilers use battens and some do not... the same with these.. if they work for you and you can retrieve the costings then go for it. :)

Reply to Floor levelling pegs. Which ones have you tried in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi - I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and...
Replies
Views
Hi. I've just used Mapei Ultimate Leveller 1210 to cover a very irregular concrete floor in our...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB