Discuss Floor Tile help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Paul77

Hi all looking for some help advice if possible about 5 weeks ago we had our bathroom done and there are 2 spots on the floor that have movement and have ruined the grout.

I really dont want to ask the guy to come out as he has been nothing but bother since we planned the job.

Anyway im looking to have a go myself at fixing the grout problem BUT im looking for something that wont come apart as has been the case with the grout he's used.

Im looking for somewhere that sell's granfix ultimate flex or something simliar...not really being a D.I.Yer im wondering if some one can point me towrds something ready made??? and maybe give me advice regarding the matter.

P

Paul77

DSCF3634.jpg DSCF3636.jpg DSCF3637.jpg

T

Time's Ran Out

It's coming apart because you do have movement in the subfloor.
It's all down to preparation or lack of it, and although you can try a flexible grout, if there is too much movement all grout will crack and drop out.
Sound out the tiles involved and tap to see if they are loose.
If you want to throw money away do it yourself, but after 5 weeks your contractor should have the opportunity to rectify his work - which IMO will only get worse the longer you leave it/try to repair it.

And :welcome:.

We have a good Tiler in Durham.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Floor Tile help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Our tiler has done a really amazing job with our kitchen flooring, but has used a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We employed a tiler to lay some rectified wood effect planks in a herringbone pattern…...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Floor Tile help
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.