Discuss floor tiling soon after screeding......... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

In perfect conditions with perfect preparation it is perfectly reasonable to use an acrylic primer and cement based adhesive over an anhydrite screed. However I am not convinced that you are dealing with the perfect site here. I will let Mapei stand or fall by their on advice in respect of ther own materials. You have undoubtedly read other posts on adhesive types and the reasons for choosing different types with different screeds. For me it is all about building in robustness in order to protect you and your client in the long term from problems. I can say that I am unaware of any issues where a gypsum adhsive has been used. If you go the cement way you must make sure that the screed is below 75% relative humidity measured with a hair hygrometer. You would need to ensure a high end acrylic primer is used or better still use a water dispersible epoxy primer.

You are right that the material can be force dried. - as it is 40mm I assume he has decided not to go for wet underfloor heating so force drying would involve space heating and dehumidifiers. I say this because generally 40mm is not deep enouh over a standard domestic wet system - needs to be 30mm cover to pipes so 15mm pipe plus 30mm cover is 45mm total minimum depth - I would usually specify 50mm nominal in this situation.

Perfect answer from a perfect member..:)

Reply to floor tiling soon after screeding......... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi folks, We're having our downstairs tiles installed soon, about 82m2 of 1.2x1.2m square...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED. The room is 10M x 4 M and has a new 50mm liquid screed over wet...
Replies
Views
Need some help please with calculating levels and the build up of the floor to support tiling...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

aflemi

Arms
TF
Thread Information

Title
floor tiling soon after screeding.........
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.