Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss for the oldies who could not afford tile cutters in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

C

cornish_crofter

Did it recently a few times with the porcelain floor and ceramic wall tiles my customer wanted me to fix. It was either that or get the wet cutter out again.

TBH I used the T60 plus scribe but the Procelain was too thick to break on a sharp angle using that cutter, so I used a hammer resting the tile on the rail, as someone here suggested.

When finishing off and boxing in, I needed to cut a corner out. I used a 365 drill bit to give me the corner then scribed away from this to adjacent sides, then scribed diagonally accross. Tapped it away and used a pair of grips to nibble. It worked a treat. Again, didn't want to set up the wet cutter for one cut

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I know this is an old thread, but I have just stumbled on it. I know there are a few members on here, that remember the old ways of cutting. scriber for walls, pin hammer and tungsten tip chisel, for floors. No machines in the dark ages:lol: I had to spend hours in my early days trying to achieve the perfect cut. Glad we have the Rubi's etc now, but at least my early training, taught me the way the Romans/ Greeks etc tilers worked. So if 2012 comes true, at least I can still make a living:thumbsup:

A

albyshellshear

I am interested in the old ways I sit in me shed with a scribe and a pair of kniblers and practice shapes supose I am just sad, also love chiseling stone there is something soothing about the sound of a hammer and chisel on a piece of stone. Anyway I have to go back to me shed now its lock up time, on with me pj's funny how the arms tie up at the back and me shed is all padded and comfy.:rolleyes5:

J

jamie B

when I started as an apprentice the firm gave us all 'superior' machines (american I think??) I still use the small one for 6" as it's faster than a rubi...they did give us a scriber, but I didn't ever really use it...always used car seat foam for washing off as well..I really remember the first time we got grinders..no one would use them for ages!..too much of a quantum leap..ahh the bad old days!

Last edited by a moderator:

andy-p

TF
Arms
when I started as an apprentice the firm gave us all 'superior' machines (american I think??) I still use the small one for 6" as it's faster than a rubi...they did give us a scriber, but I didn't ever really use it...always used car seat foam for washing off as well..I really remember the first time we got grinders..no one would use them for ages!..too much of a quantum leap..ahh the bad old days!
God , i remember that , you would get a big block of it and cut it into sponge sizes using a panel saw. and you could get all your tools into the boot of a car and have room for tubs of sticky, now you would need a horse lorry to pack all your gear!! :thumbsup:

Reply to for the oldies who could not afford tile cutters in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Posted a couple of times for advice a few weeks back, the outcome of which was to scrap my plan...
Replies
Views
Hi all I am looking to purchase a new wet cutter and after reading the forum it seems the RUBI...
Replies
Views
Unused Account 1
U
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views
T
Time for me to stop lurking and pipe up, albeit ask for advice and opinions LoL! I'm a DIYer...
Replies
Views
O
Hi guys, Good forum. Been reading all the advice given. I've been installing a number of...
Replies
Views
outcycling
O

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
for the oldies who could not afford tile cutters
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%