Discuss Fulham - small kitchen and bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

bluedog

Hello. I want to get my kitchen and bathroom tiled and, in the spirit of trying to be as informative as possible, here goes -

have chosen ceramic tiles 33x33, floor only, not walls. new build flat so flooring underneath is concrete. current flooring is horrid speckledy lino (like the stuff they use in hospital corridors!! and no, i didn't choose it, it came like this!)

this means the tiles need only go up to kitchen units, and will need to be cut around basin and toilet in bathroom - otherwise it's all right angles! floor space needing covering in kitchen is approx 5sq m and in bathroom 4sq m

i am on the 3rd floor but there is a lift, and underground parking is available just across the road.

i don't want to do this on the cheap, i'm happy to pay a fair price for a very good job (not an interfering client, just a bit particular!!), just not sure what a fair price is... oh, and tea on tap :) (dad was a plumber so i have a small understanding of the important stuff...)
spoke to someone today who recommended someone - i was shown photos and they looked amazing but he told me a SMALL bathroom COULD cost up to £2K!! he said that might, for example, include ripping up old tiles and putting down fiddly mosaics (neither of which apply in my case)and it was the very highest but i still nearly choked... i would be interested to hear from anyone who might be interested in the job, but i'd also really like to hear what you all reckon cost wise, roughly

thanks and happy new year!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Fulham - small kitchen and bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F
C
Hello everyone - this is my first post in the forum and I’m looking for some advice and opinion...
Replies
Views
So... have a problem maybe some of you guys (and girls) might be able to help with. Laid a new...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
D
Hi Thanks to all who provided advice on my bathroom project 3 years ago, tiling both the...
Replies
Views
swanman
S

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB