Discuss GBBO - Anybody tried this? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Had a go spent a couple of hours building the site then it kept crashing after it supposedly went live. Had some rep ring me once told him my problems and he said he would ring back in a few weeks to help if i hadnt got me head round it that was 3 month ago:mad2::thumbsdown:

Is it completely free then?

C

Colour Republic

I don't think it is a scam, i looked at it a couple of months ago and from memory it has government backing or may even be run by the state, but I quickly gave up when as it seemed buggie

One i'm looking at the moment is 'locallinkup', i noticed somebody else had a free website done by them and it seems to be a business network only just got through my login details a few hours ago (i registered 1/2 days ago). It seems quite good and free but haven't looked around enough yet....

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I just had a look around, the only catch, if it works, I can see is the fee after two years, it says small, but what is a small fee? and would I be tied in with it? It says no, but something doesn't feel quite right... I passed the link on to Howard, he'll take a look, too.

.co.uk domain names are around £2.50 per year, minimum 2 years, so a fiver. I think they stand the cost for the first 2 years, but then you pay thereafter. So far, other than that, I can't see any catch.

It's using Googlesites, which is free anyway, but it's tagging a domain to it for you, so I don't see how they could 'take it off you' or bill your for it laterto be honest Gi. I think it might be a good thing this.

P

penno

It is free which is no bad thing but no one will ever see the sites, needle in a thousand haystacks. Site like that will always be way down on the list and will never really get higher, people pay for sites to ensure they are high on google listings. Customer could type in google for example "tiler in cambridge" (if your site is setup from there ofc), your page would never show up. You would have something like a hairdressers in cambridge listed before you. God i sound like Victor Meldrew :) But in honesty your site doesnt have a prayer of being viewed unless it was direct links from the likes of this forum.

Reply to GBBO - Anybody tried this? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just like I wrote in the introduction I’ve been lurking in this forum for quite some...
Replies
Views
O
    • Winner
    • Informative
So as a couple of you may be aware, @Simon Dale his daughter Katrina, and myself are on a...
Replies
Views
L
D
Right, BT want to charge me £30 for terminating my broadband contract. The trouble is, we've not...
Replies
Views
Colour Republic
C

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Staffordshire, UK
Website
https://www.tilersforums.co.uk
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Ekthetikos / untold.media

Thread Information

Title
GBBO - Anybody tried this?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.