Guest viewing is limited

Discuss germany on sunday!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

puddle

MSN-Emoticon-crying-038.gif
MSN-Emoticon-cry-207.gif
MSN-Emoticon-crying-038.gif

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Poole
Now that the dust has settled and my anger dulled to frustration, I still think that up until the third goal, Germany were there for the taking. Their third killed off our best period of football in the whole game and we were pushing (too hard) for an equaliser - that should have been given in the first half.

Having said that, IF is a big word...IF Lamps goal had stood, IF we played with two wide men instead of Gerrard wide but never there, IF Rooney had gone to SA instead of sending a lookalike, IF we had scored more in the group stages we wouldnt have played Germany etc.

I dont see how we can move forward from this all with the same system of play that we have had for years. It is alarming to think that our best crop of footballers for years cant play together as a national team and more worryingly show no pride at all for wearing our countries shirt. I hope they collect up all their appearance fees and donate them to a charity where people deserve the help - wont happen though cos all they think about is themselves and their piles of cash

Do I want Capello to go? dont think so - he has made us play more as a team (until the last month) and I dont see anyone else to do the job, but something radical needs to change in this country to bring new talent forth and then build a stronger national team for the Euros etc

D

doug boardley

I was just listening to Capello's press conference before, citing players being tired blah blah blah. If guys can turn out to play for their local teams on a saturday/sunday having done a hard weeks graft without proper training, dieticians, physio's, masseurs etc, why can't "the cream" raise themselves? It just doesn't wash with me,playing at the World Cup should be seen as the pinnacle of any footballers career and no motivation should be needed to run your socks off for the cause. I don't mind at all that Germany beat us and no disrespect to Germany but I really think that we made it easy for them by beating ourselves....rant over!

Reply to germany on sunday!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Friends of ours = From UKTilingForum.co.uk We have some friends of ours that have always helped...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Our tiler has done a really amazing job with our kitchen flooring, but has used a...
Replies
Views
Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm looking to tile the entirety of our small patio area with either brick slips or...
Replies
Views
I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
germany on sunday!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.