Guest viewing is limited
  • Thread starter Deleted member 9966
  • Start date
  • Replies 21
  • Views 2K
  • Tags
    usa

Discuss Getting fit - the GRR way :) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 9966

Since March I have been working hard on getting fit. Although it was one of my resolutions last year to lose weight (like Doug's was to quit smoking and he did :hurray:), I didn't really take the losing weight seriously and ended up eating more and piling on the pounds.

So now that we have had some reasonable weather this year, I've really gone to town on getting out and about and getting fitter. At the start of the year I was tipping the scales at almost 13 stone :yikes: and it was hurting me.

So here's a quick run down of what I've done exercise wise in the last 7 days

Monday - walked the dog, 45 minutes
Tuesday - cycle ride, 7 miles, 40 minutes
Wednesday - did nowt
Thursday - cycle ride, 7 miles, 40 minutes
Friday - cycle ride, 6 miles there, a few ciders, 6 miles back (wasn't timing)
Saturday - did the household chores
Sunday - cycle ride, 20 miles, 1 hour 49 minutes

All this exercise has helped me burn off 3,700 calories this week alone. That's almost 2 whole days of food, gone :thumbsup:

I'm eating well, exercising regularly and starting to see good results. The love handles are definitely smaller and I'm now able to fit into some clothes that I haven't had on for a long time :hurray:

Just thought I would share, as I feel I've really started to achieve something :yesnod:

D

DrayTek

good on you racer, it doesnt take as much as people think to lose weight/ get fit, more will power than anything else ( which i greatly lack when it comes to stopping smoking :mad2: ). Been doing a lot of walking lately, taking advantage of the stunning scenery thats near me and not too far away from me, great way to get fit and an added bonus is the g/f enjoys it too. With that the moaning has abated ever so slightly over the weekend :thumbsup:, normal service usually resumes on the Monday though :thumbsdown:.

Reply to Getting fit - the GRR way :) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am hoping I may be able to get some advice. 2 years ago we had a new kitchen fitted and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I had my house tiled almost two years ago. The tiles themselves were not the best quality...
Replies
Views
Am I charging correctly? so I’ve worked under my old man for about 6/7 years now on and off, in...
Replies
Views
This kitchen is not level as can be seen in the attached picture. From floorboard to kitchen...
Replies
Views
Sid2323
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Getting fit - the GRR way :)
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.