Discuss Getting paid (commercial work) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

had a developer in the other day asked me to give him a quote i gave him one on account one pro forma the one account had no discount he asked me why there was so much diffrence i said well if you are using my money to finnace your job i want part of the proffit .from the sales .now if you pay me pro fofma
i can use my money to make me some money . i mean realy do i look like a banker thilfiy rich i have much to learn banks dont give out free money why should you

l agree l thought lt was only me that thought l was a banker, l have worked on and off for a commercial builder for about 8 years for about 6 years it was 2 week payment after invoice handed in. Which was great as most of the jobs were 2 weeks max so by the time you got paid you could pay your suppliers and got wages money back. It was liveable. Then l didn't do any work for 12mths for them as l was developing a property lve got.

They kept on ringing me in the meantime and l was to busy on my project to do anything for them, then once l finished they contacted me to do quite a large job at united utilities. lt had to be done rapid so l got on the case with extra labour tons of SLC, adhesive,trims, etc.

It took three weeks to pull out with all the bullshit that goes on site everyone working on top of each other and H&S every two minutes. Anyway l put my invoice in l thought great two weeks lll have my wages money back pay suppliers happy camper.

Two weeks later no dosh so l phoned up oh Dave we have changed it to monthly WOT! l didn't know or agree to that. So l said to the director if you don't put me back on 2 weeks lm not doing anymore for you. He started going on with himself, so l thought the next time you phone lm to busy anyway this went on for ages even if l wasn't busy.

Then the other week they called me to pull them out of the crap, so l said lll do it but l want paying straight away yeah no probs Dave. A week went by 2 weeks so l phoned up the other day whats happening oh sorry you got missed out on the pay run you will be in next one in 2 weeks, well l flipped, l pulled yous out of the crap, lm not your bank, now l have to pay out of my own pocket for your job. I will not be doing anymore work for yous unless on the purchase order states 2 week payments. Theres a few builders that l have worked on and off for quite a while and lately lve told them to sling their hook as lm not your bank . One l said if the money isn't in my bank by Monday morning lm knocking on the clients door. They really hack me off lm starting to take a wide berth of builers. Rant over

Last edited by a moderator:
M

m3fitter

Issue a ' 7 day intent ' of your intention to take it to the County court, also remind him that if he does not attend a CCJ will be issued against him, that will affect his companies credit, state that, as no terms were set, it was deemed ' paid upon completion '
As regard to extra materials, he cannot withhold full payment, only the amount in question.
Ask him to state his case now, why he feels he cannot pay anything ?
and thank him for his co operation in this matter ;-)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Getting paid (commercial work) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
Hey all, I posted on here before asking for work when I first arrived in Sydney as I'm on a WHV...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB