Guest viewing is limited
  • Thread starter david campbell
  • Start date
  • Replies 25
  • Views 3K
  • Tags
    usa

Discuss give us a break in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

david campbell

T

TheWrightTiler

this is a copy of the question i asked this woman, havent had a response yet

andy

hi wondering if you could confirm what the type of tile is as if its natural stone it will require sealing, also what is the substrate, if its floor boards it will require to be overboarded as you cant tile directly to floorboards regardless of what people say. also if its a polished porcelain tile it will require sealing, will the sanitary ware be removed for tiling as this will give a better finish than cutting round the toilet and sink

taken on this basis that its a chipboard or floor board floor then on a standard ceramic floor tile

1 sheet plywood inc screws and fitting
1 bag flexi adhesive
1 bag grout
half a days labour

no plumbing to be completed id be looking for at least double possibly more as i dont blind quote, anyone who does and accepts a price without seeing the work to be done is certainly asking for a sub standard job to be done,what you are prepared to pay, the old saying goes pay peanuts get monkeys, am sorry if you dont like the advice given but the materials alone will cost more than you are prepared to pay for the job and if the plumbing needs to come out and back in you can easily add another 60 to 100 dependant on plumber, do it properly, pay once and get it done right

Reply to give us a break in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi Everyone. Been meaning to do this for ages so, eventually, here we go. I'd done the odd bit...
Replies
Views
foggy34
F
M
I've seen a few posts on this site unfortunately from people who have been stiffed by...
Replies
Views
J
IF YOUVE HAD A BAD CLIENT RECENTLY READ ABOUT THIS ONE . MAY MAKEYOU FEEL BETTER THEJOB FROM...
Replies
Views
The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP
T
Q
I have noticed that alot of people on the forum ask questions on tile backer boards and also...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
Here is a little bit of what we go through on our course, As previously said your Tiling skills...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
give us a break
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.