UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Worst job ever :south africa 1996 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

Come on Jonny give us another one, your stories make my two death threats seem tame. I think this game is hard enough without fearing for your life.:yikes:
phil .we had a laugh together about your usa story after my post about s.africa adventure.
those were the days eh!!
a bit of danger always spices the mundanity of life up!!
would love to hear of some other stories of crazy clients

S

Spud

not sure about crazy customers but I have worked with a few mad men in my times ,one guy was mr. road rage and would be picking fights with any road user that dared to get in his way,to put it politely he was a bit of a bully but eventyually got his come uppance on a building site when he picked on a guy who walked across a floor he had just swept ready for tiling ,the bully tiler got in his face and squared up to him and the guy knocked the daylights out of him and gave him a kicking when he was downed ,every one on site was pleased that the bully got a hiding as he had been agressive to pretty much every one he had come across

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

A good mate of mine (tiler) from Cannock, Richard is a big lad and used to be a pro boxer, and I have been told by people who saw him fight "he was lethal". Anyway we were doing a shop fit in London, having finished a twelve hour shift we went to a local pub for some two for one pub grub, there was about ten of us, all different trades.

As we had all ordered at the bar, we sat down to enjoy a well earned pint. Just then the two painters who had finished after us came in and went to the bar to order, these two guys are really nice lads. Very inoffensive, as they ordered, a couple of local drunks noticed their accents and started the old " what you guys doin down here, takin work off local lads". These painters are about five foot six, and ten stone wet through.

My mate Richard clocked this and gave big K the nod, big K (is a joiner) who is six foot six and built like the proverbial. Both his brothers have won Britains strongest man comp, and they reckon K is stronger than the pair of them. I witnessed Richard asking K to pass him a box of tiles, on one job K picked up a box of six 600x300 porcelain and held them out with one hand, Richard was setting up a laser and didn't notice big K holding out the tiles for him, K must have held this box for 30 seconds in one hand straight out.

So you can imagine what the jack the lads who where trying to bully the painters did when Richard and big K stood either side of them, and asked "is there a problem here" a lot of back peddling and asking if they could buy us all a drink.:thumbsup: I think the moral here is find out who is with the little guy with the strange accent.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Worst job ever :south africa 1996 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
L
I would like some advise. We booked a tiler for a new build with quite a lot of work to be done...
Replies
Views
Hello. Can I take your advice please? Our groundworks company are refusing to guarantee their...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.