UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Glass mosaic - best adhesive? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

Update - all tiled and thanks for all your advice - it's certainly the place to come for all the friendly help that I've received. I won't hesitate to ask again when I start my next project - the Tyne Tunnel.

As I went to a trade show this morning I picked up a 20kg bag of Mosaic Fix - and I have to admit a lovely white adhesive which mixed to a thick smooth consistency and lasted well in the bucket for use.
Now when I go back tomorrow, to do a floor in a 450x450 porcelain, I'll check to see if they are still on the wall.
I have no doubt they will be but that is before I try to take the cellophane off the fronts, it seems very well adhered.

I shall be doing a couple of test swatches for the grout as I don't want to loose the depth of the tile that is visible at present. Does anyone know if you can get a translucent grout as I don't think I will get away with clear silicone on 11,000+ pieces of mosaic.
It may have to be white or a very light grey.
Thanks again - great place this:smilewinkgrin:

Q

Qwerty

Does anyone know if you can get a translucent grout as I don't think I will get away with clear silicone on 11,000+ pieces of mosaic.

Well, seeing as all the other replies were so sensible................. I would suggest gelatin for the grout. Comes in a variety of flavours and very clear indeed. Walls would HAVE to be tanked though :smilewinkgrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
U

user123

Update - all tiled and thanks for all your advice - it's certainly the place to come for all the friendly help that I've received. I won't hesitate to ask again when I start my next project - the Tyne Tunnel.

As I went to a trade show this morning I picked up a 20kg bag of Mosaic Fix - and I have to admit a lovely white adhesive which mixed to a thick smooth consistency and lasted well in the bucket for use.
Now when I go back tomorrow, to do a floor in a 450x450 porcelain, I'll check to see if they are still on the wall.
I have no doubt they will be but that is before I try to take the cellophane off the fronts, it seems very well adhered.

I shall be doing a couple of test swatches for the grout as I don't want to loose the depth of the tile that is visible at present. Does anyone know if you can get a translucent grout as I don't think I will get away with clear silicone on 11,000+ pieces of mosaic.
It may have to be white or a very light grey.
Thanks again - great place this:smilewinkgrin:

Yes, Mapei does a translucent epoxy - if you want to make the trip to Scarborough - and bring some wedi offcuts :smilewinkgrin: I'll give you a bit to try it out. It's not totally clear, more like wallpaper paste, taking on the colour of the surrounding tile a bit, in a darker shade, if that makes sense. Then again that will probably do you a favour, as the white adhesive line may still show with completely clear stuff.

T

Time's Ran Out

1318588563641.jpg 1318588523488.jpg 1318499044081.jpg This is the Glass Mosaic fixed.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Glass mosaic - best adhesive? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Glass mosaic - best adhesive?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.