UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss glazed porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Oh my deary deary me - what are you going on about giving bad advice ???

I have only in the first instance given MY opinion for this particular job.
Whether that is right or wrong who is to say?

What I do know, is that all the floors that I have tiled in this way - have never failed in anyway shape or form. I have as you have already noted been tiling for 16 years now, and as I said in my very first post you never stop learning in this trade I know that, I am not that Green!

Different tilers do all sorts of things in different ways, which way is right who's to say?

You have to laugh really

You are right mate you really have to laugh, I am a time served tiler 5yr apprenticeship, 5 yr day release at manchester college of building got my C&G's CSCS Gold card 1st tiler in Britain to obtain CSCS Heritage card, I sit on the TTA fixer training committee, I have been tiling 45yrs. all over Britain, all over the world. From domestic jobs to massive industrial work, I have been a forman tiler, a Ltd company, so please don't patronize me by pretending you know this industry better than I do.

I have a lot of respect for this forum, the people who run it past and present, and it's members. I ask you to research your facts before you post anymore bad advice. I have no malice towards you as a person, as I have no Idea who you are, but please do not insult me or the members of this forum with your bad advice

S

StevieBoy

You are right mate you really have to laugh, I am a time served tiler 5yr apprenticeship, 5 yr day release at manchester college of building got my C&G's CSCS Gold card 1st tiler in Britain to obtain CSCS Heritage card, I sit on the TTA fixer training committee, I have been tiling 45yrs. all over Britain, all over the world. From domestic jobs to massive industrial work, I have been a forman tiler, a Ltd company, so please don't patronize me by pretending you know this industry better than I do.

I have a lot of respect for this forum, the people who run it past and present, and it's members. I ask you to research your facts before you post anymore bad advice. I have no malice towards you as a person, as I have no Idea who you are, but please do not insult me or the members of this forum with your bad advice

Lol - grow up pal

gamma38

TF
Bedford
Oh my deary deary me - what are you going on about giving bad advice ???

I have only in the first instance given MY opinion for this particular job.
Whether that is right or wrong who is to say?

What I do know, is that all the floors that I have tiled in this way - have never failed in anyway shape or form. I have as you have already noted been tiling for 16 years now, and as I said in my very first post you never stop learning in this trade I know that, I am not that Green!

Different tilers do all sorts of things in different ways, which way is right who's to say?

You have to laugh really

I can't actually believe what your writing. You are either taking the proverbial or serious. Hopefully the first. You state that you never stop learning, that's the one thing you said that everyone will agree on, and your best statement. If only you would keep learning, listen to what the guy's are telling you, they are not making these things up just to provoke an argument with you THEY ARE FACT.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

It's very rare that I feel so angry, I apologize for my over the top reaction to StevieBoy I didn't want to come across as a big head, but I can't stand people who pose as tilers, I am proud to be a part of this forum and this industry, the last thing we need is to have the likes of this guy giving bad advice here. We have to compete with cowboys every day. So Stevie I'm so glad you spat the dummy, BYE.:thumbsdown:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to glazed porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I need advice on score and snap cutting of large porcelain tiles, lets say, over 1000 mm long...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.