Discuss glazed porcelain, in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mr Tiler

its topps buddy and they do require sealing the customer has already enquired. I would just like some advice as she actually wants the grout sealing too so will I be sealing it before and after grouting?or is it best to seal the tile before even installation? also she is hoping to have a beige grout will the sealer effectively protect it from discolouration? if not she will go for a grey colour, thanks mate

C

charlie1

its topps buddy and they do require sealing the customer has already enquired. I would just like some advice as she actually wants the grout sealing too so will I be sealing it before and after grouting?or is it best to seal the tile before even installation? also she is hoping to have a beige grout will the sealer effectively protect it from discolouration? if not she will go for a grey colour, thanks mate

i don't think anything will protect grout from discolouration on a floor tbh mate, especially lighter colours

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
would you seal them before tiling?

no after tiling, .....tile, seal then grout, most polished pors isn't that porous apart from the cheap crap from b & poo.....just work clean....to seal them apply the sealer and wait for in to soak in as per instructions then buff off the excess with a fluff free cloth then grout..:thumbsup:

M

Mr Tiler

thank you guys, the floor has carpet tiles stuck down I pulled one up and the floor looks nice and flat but we will see on monday if i have landed the job. im guessing I am going to have the same issue if not more with my cutter as my last job what do you think? that was glazed porcelain though. was reading a thread earlier about sealing i think im gonna go with the sponge rather than roller

C

charlie1

thank you guys, the floor has carpet tiles stuck down I pulled one up and the floor looks nice and flat but we will see on monday if i have landed the job. im guessing I am going to have the same issue if not more with my cutter as my last job what do you think? that was glazed porcelain though. was reading a thread earlier about sealing i think im gonna go with the sponge rather than roller

You need to do more to asses how flat the floor is, did you put a 6ft level over it?

Reply to glazed porcelain, in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB