Discuss Going to look at a job tomorrow that... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Has been attempted by one builder which failed and a tiling firm that failed by subbing the work out to someone who was in over their head.

the tiles I hear are imported from Spain and look like wood and are reportedly expensive.

I know of the Italian ones and the cheaper topps ones.

do any of you guys know what tiles I could be faced with?

pics to follow tomorrow of the poor tiling!

Says it all really
image.jpg image.jpg

Andrew

TF
surrey
I have just ripped up 80m2 of this same tile, another poor attempt at tiling by a builder. Was porcelanosa 1200x200, fixed with their adhesive one-flex butech I think? They didn't recommend a primer be used on anhydrite screed(which was never sanded), instant fail.
porcelanosa accepted some liability, and offered a discount on repurchase, but after surveying the work and seeing the fixing method it would have failed sooner or later had they used the right fixing products.
guess what the builders gone bust, so my client now has to foot the bill for a weeks prep, replacement tiles and fitting!
Shocking!

Porcelanosa do a 1200x200 porcelain plank, could be those?

Aha , built a shower base using those a few years ago , they had the modified non slip surface and were like rock. Only had dead number too , with a 6 week re-order , fortunately didn't break any. Funny , it looked like a treasure chest once it was done with the Ali Strips in.

showerbase3.jpg

Again it won't rotate right but this is today's discovery, we all know which way these tiles were fixed. Before my phone died, I removed it along with the plasterboard to find that the builders had used floorboards to use as a stud!!!!

image.jpg

On a lighter note the 12mm ply is up and I didn't have to remove a single piece of it!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 53
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Going to look at a job tomorrow that... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
We have had a tile tile a bathroom and an ensuite and are not happy with the overall finish of...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Hi we are Large format tile installers. With over 20 years of tiling experience . We have...
Replies
Views
John Lancaster
J
Hi all, Finding it a little hard to get my head around something and hoping one of you might be...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB