Discuss Golf in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Prem Tiler

Stupid game ive played since i was eight still dont know why got good during my o level years and played some good county golf till i got throw out for boozing underage

still play a bit but kids get in the way but looking to start up again over this winter so i can get a decent season in next year

playing this thursday at Enville great track bit tight for me

Don't take them along then mate!!

S

SandyFloor

A good few years ago I was in a pub and was speaking to some caddies from Prestwick GC ( as mentioned previously the birthplace of the open). Quite often groups of wealthy americans would play with money being no object and all would hire caddies. One of the holes is a blind par 3 and they sometimes would have a boy around the edge of the green and if a ball landed reasonably close he would nip on and pop it in the hole thus giving cause for great celebration and very generous tips.

I've wondered about the morality of this for years as although it is dishonest the player will always have the priceless memory of a hole-in-one in such a historic course (unless someone blows the lid off on a tilers forum). Opinions?

I don't know if it still happens but I doubt it.

Reply to Golf in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m new to this forum, the reason for me joining is I’m keen to train to gain city and...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Golf
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.