Discuss good hearted builder in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Again a case, I think, to help educate EVERY customer about the existence of tilersforums... People out there just don't know what difference the tiler can make, they don't get told anywhere, do they, apart from on here? However large and successful this forum is, so many times when I talk to friends and keen DIYers, they get this blank expression when I tell them how much I have learned on here and that ideally tiling should no more considered being a DIY or general builder or handyman activity than plumbing, or even gas or electricity work. Yes, we can all change a plug, but how many would rewire a house? People do need to be told....

U

user123

Exactly, Phil... I think this is one of the things that has kept me interested in the forum on an ongoing basis, (apart from the fact that you are all so much fun! :) ) but to be honest, it was like entering a whole new world, where I encountered real dedication and education about something I think everyone appreciates but no-one ever wonders how it happens, you know when you go into a smart hotel bathroom or amazing foyer somewhere, and you see some beautiful tiling and you think how gorgeous and luxurious it is... and then you forget about or not even consider the skill involved, go to B&Q or something, see some pretty tiles and a tub that says wall and floor adhesive, and you think, well, can't be that much harder than lego. And so it goes. In all the women magazines also, when is there a mention of getting a good tiler to do something? The press tends to concentrate on horror stories that makes people afraid if anything, and rather be afraid of someone else making a mess they have a go themselves.

I encountered all that in my practice, when people thought they were herbalists if they go shopping in Hollands & Barretts... it was scary....

S

Spud

update to this thread :
the tiles on the kitchen floor were ripped out Saturday and Sunday and we are going in Wednesday to level the floor and will be retiling it on Friday it means that over 50sqm of tiles have been wasted and the builder will be out of pocket fro his time and labour ,not sure who is paying for the tiles other than I know the customer has paid for them and they were over £45m2 pictures to follow:thumbsup:

Reply to good hearted builder in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hello one and all, I have a 240m2 floor tiling job to price, including a tile upstand edged with...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
good hearted builder
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.