UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Got the approval for a interesting job today in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

MARBLE_TONY

So today I get approval for a job. Its only 15m2 and it's not going to be done until end of October, but I am so excited by it as it is IMO the most interesting and yet challenging job yet. So a new concrete floor is going to be laid with white aggregate then we are going to give it time to dry out (cure) fully. Then we are going to grind it flat to expose the aggregate then start to polish it with resin diamonds then put the shop logo stencil which has about 20 different colours in it then colour the rest of the concrete then polish it!

When I gave him the price I thought he might haggle a bit but hasn't so happy days but he is on £500/hr

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Re: Got the approval for a interesting job toay

haha fair enough - he's coming on the forum with a member support account soon.

I have asked your old man a couple of times, and I'd prefer to have you guys on board to be honest. Rate you could give him a nudge he seemed adamant a couple of weeks ago that he wanted nowt to do with the forum.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK

Fair enough mate, then we need get your old man on board. As I'm getting knocked for not allowing companies to be on here, so somebody will have to help with Klindex support, and if it aint you guys, it will be him. I can't be more fair than offer it to yourselves first mate but I can't be "hitler", apparently, and stop people coming on board. (Not my words like haha - I have no tash and I'm tall - can't speak german either).

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK

Whatever mate yes, though I'd prefer your Dad. We spoke some time ago, and perhaps I wasn't clear as your old man came on in about Jan and I couldn't approve some of his posts as we hadn't spoke to sponsors and made them aware of the changes. Now I have (mostly) we have the support accounts ready. But I offered it him the other week and we ended up going off on one in emails again. Not trying to find blame here like it was as much me as him, just opinionative people these forum owners are. lol

But the spot will need to be filled now somebody as enquired as if I say now, I get blamed for banning people and 'stopping customers from connecting with brands they use' and yada yada yada.

D

DHTiling

So today I get approval for a job. Its only 15m2 and it's not going to be done until end of October, but I am so excited by it as it is IMO the most interesting and yet challenging job yet. So a new concrete floor is going to be laid with white aggregate then we are going to give it time to dry out (cure) fully. Then we are going to grind it flat to expose the aggregate then start to polish it with resin diamonds then put the shop logo stencil which has about 20 different colours in it then colour the rest of the concrete then polish it!

When I gave him the price I thought he might haggle a bit but hasn't so happy days but he is on £500/hr

Sounds like that will be very nice when complete Tony, look forward to seeing the results later in the year. :thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Got the approval for a interesting job today in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello Everyone, I am new to this forum and I'm looking for your experts' advice in a situation...
Replies
Views
Well, my second actually. Forgot to take photos of my first one, a kitchen floor, as got a bit...
Replies
Views
I received an email last night from a guy local to me , he asked if I could do some tiling in...
Replies
Views
H
Got a call from a lady who had hired someone to refurb her bathroom. Guy had been there every...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all. Having bathroom redecorated with new rules from floor to ceiling. In my opinion the...
Replies
Views
p4ulo
P

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.