Discuss Grand Designs Tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

OK so in conjunction with this thread http://www.tilersforums.com/tilers-forums-arms/46994-bathroom-diary-2.html I'm looking for a tile.

Originally the floor was going to be a riven timber floor but the more I think about it and with the lighting it's gonna have to be a tile.

No I know at the moment you lot don't know what the finished room will look like but the perfect tile for this will be a white quartz’s or even better, a tile that was once featured in a grand design programme 3 or 4 years ago.

The tile in question was used throughout a property not that far away from me in Seaford; the house was built by a gay couple who the main guy was either the manager of either East 17 or the Pet Shop Boys??? Can’t remember which

The tile was a white with flecks of coloured glass in it... I have a feeling we have discussed this tile on TF before or maybe I've imagined that because I've spoken to others about it.

So the question is does anybody know any of the following...
i.e. fill in the blanks

The Name of the tile:
The manufacturer:
The distributor:

C

Colour Republic

Have you tried Topps?

They were my first port of call... now they didn't have the glass tile I was after but the guy who I spoke to said he had a bumpy white tile that would reflect the light in much the same way. The only catch was that it required a special adhesive but lucky for me they had this adhesive!!

Even better it was on offer!! Now this special adhesive called Toppfix (of which they are the only people in the country to have... very exclusive!) is normally £180 a bag but I told them I was trade and they agreed to £110 a bag RESULT!:hurray:

C

Colour Republic

OK so I have found the video of the tile

The tile is first shown @22:18 and strangely @32:18 where you can see it better and also what looks to be D'n'D on the wall fixing! I'm going to give the guy the benefit of doubt and say he was doing it for the cameras before combing the addy on the back of the tile

Grand Designs - 4oD - Channel 4

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Colour Republic

This is the 'Tutti Frutti' one - i remember this episode very well.

It's Bisazza.

(I think!!)

Cool, cheers mate, that's one lead to work on. That tile sort of fit's in with Bisazza yet doesn't if you know what I mean... But I shall search through the collections to see if I can find it.

Now that you mention it, you're not the first person to call it Tutti Frutti so maybe that could be the name

Reply to Grand Designs Tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I had some mosaics installed the other week and seeing some very odd discoloration on...
Replies
Views
Hello! I’m hoping I can get some advice on what to do in my kitchen RE wanting to replace the...
Replies
Views
delurks Hi, My late mother did an 'interesting' tiling job, and I now want to make it look a...
Replies
Views
S
...bit of a who dunnit but feel I've been shafted royal style on this one. Working for a joiner...
2 3 4
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Grand Designs Tile
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.